Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 29-06-2003 , 11:56 AM

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
What is the war...well when this OS is released everyone is gonna be pissed a Mr. Devil..err, Gates and turn to Linux, then there a war. I'm just gonna stick with XP.

I know you cant pass files between old OS' and the new one, but if the whole world has the new one, everyong could still pass files...

Supposedly you'll be 'forced' to upgrade to the new os if you ever want to upgrade your new hardware. Alot of hardware companies will have the chip that only works with the new OS, thus forcing you to upgrade your OS.

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 32 29-06-2003 , 02:18 PM
Subscriber
whicever OS u use, surely the new chip in new hardware will become active? or am i confused again? user added image

and will maya run on linux?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com

Last edited by Nem; 29-06-2003 at 02:22 PM.
# 33 29-06-2003 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber
TCPA will be in everything from motherboards to watches, so upgrading will become difficult.

Nem - Maya is only avaliable on XP, 200 Pro, and Mac OSX I believe.

To the moderators - PLEASE STOP MOVING THIS THREAD AROUND. Originally, I had it in the member's lounge, then someone moved it to the newbie board for some stupid reason, then it's moved back here.

# 34 29-06-2003 , 03:47 PM
Subscriber
I would worry about Bill Gates taking over the world if I believed anyone was remotely interested in me as an individual user or in controlling my PC.

I use MS software because it is convenient, if I felt it was infringing my human rights I'd stop. I'm afraid I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories like this- I might not like high software prices or paying for albums when I could leech them for free, but I can understand why companies don't like piracy. And I find I appreciate things I pay for more anyway.

And whatever restrictions are involved in this OS someone will circumvent them. If people feel exploited by M$ switch to Linux or something free- I doubt the little old ladies you cite as being 'victims' of this sort of software will be wanting to pirate expensive software or share their Metallica albums across the net. Most people already slavishly follow the latest upgrades and the latest OS's anyway. I can't see what all the fuss is about myself- if there was no alternative I might do.

# 35 29-06-2003 , 04:42 PM
Kevin
all this would make people do IS actually get hold of a cracked version where someone has ripped these nasty features out!

They are shooting themselves in the foot!

# 36 29-06-2003 , 04:43 PM
if it's crackable

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 37 29-06-2003 , 05:48 PM
it's crackable. a man made it a man can break it.

# 38 29-06-2003 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
I do hope no women buy it then.

# 39 29-06-2003 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by animatress
it's crackable. a man made it a man can break it.

Yes, anything is crackable, but depending upon on how many hoops hackers have to jump through decides whether or not cracking it will be convenient for the public. You have to remember that the TCPA chip is attached directly to the motherboard, so messing with it could fry everything. You can't access it through programs on your computer. The chip itself has to be modified and I highly doubt many people will want to mess with that ordeal.

Originally posted by Witchy
And I find I appreciate things I pay for more anyway.

Amen to that.

# 40 29-06-2003 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber
PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT We will be the loosers. Maybe I will switch back to Apple. all I need is my Adobe stuff, Flash and Maya.

grrrr
# 41 29-06-2003 , 07:05 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by Darkware

To the moderators - PLEASE STOP MOVING THIS THREAD AROUND. Originally, I had it in the member's lounge, then someone moved it to the newbie board for some stupid reason, then it's moved back here.

Yes and if you do move it, please say "moved - and why"

# 42 29-06-2003 , 11:39 PM
Subscriber

I haven't read all about it, but doesn't this violate any of the anti-trust thing M$ went through?

I agree but now the US goverment will give them power and it will be OK. Our goverment is good for doing STUPID thing like this.user added image

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 43 30-06-2003 , 01:24 AM
I Agree with 3DJoe.

The US gov, and to a lesser extent, local state govs LOVE the idea of centralized control, i.e "Big Bro" to some level.

I just hope that it doesn't get out of control, to the point of lunacy.

For example, will my newborn have a chip implanted in thier arm at birth and a small tattoo that says: "Intel Inside"?

Sounds funny, but it is happening in Miami alreadyuser added image

...minus the tatuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 44 30-06-2003 , 01:32 AM
Maya is available on Linux. Actually both Complete and Unlimited are available. Alias|Wavefront will only support Maya on Red Hat Linux. If you want to use it on any other flavor of Linux, you may not be able to get support from A|W.

And if I am not mistaken, Red Hat Linux isn't a free distribution software.

One thing I am curious of however, is if there will be hardware chips on MB's, wouldn't that make running Linux on a PC box pretty much pointless? The hardware isn't affected by the OS. It's the other way around actually. The OS has to conform to hardware. So, anyone in the know know if this chip is software ran or is it something that is hardwired, and self contained on the Mother Board?

Also, IBM has already came out with these chips in their Thinkpad line of computers. They call them the truth chip. If these so called truth chips actually do what that article says it does, shouldn't they call it the "Untruth" chip? LOL

Makes that Apple ad from 1984 seem pretty acurate huh? user added image

# 45 30-06-2003 , 04:17 AM
Subscriber
Read my last post wchamlet. -

"You have to remember that the TCPA chip is attached directly to the motherboard, so messing with it could fry everything. You can't access it through programs on your computer. The chip itself has to be modified and I highly doubt many people will want to mess with that ordeal."