Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-09-2003 , 04:23 PM

Underwater Scene

Underwater Scene...rendered with depth of field camera...

user added image

# 2 23-09-2003 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber
give us a bigger image to look at =P

# 3 23-09-2003 , 09:01 PM
oo did you use motion blur or anything? that looks good. but yeah, show us a bigger image user added image

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 4 24-09-2003 , 04:19 AM

for your viewing pleasure: a bigger file :)

sorry...check back tomorrow...i'll have a bigger pic up...really...

Last edited by rainnbutterfly; 24-09-2003 at 04:23 AM.
# 5 24-09-2003 , 10:35 AM
You can attach pictures to the forums so you dont need to host big pictures on geocities user added image

# 6 24-09-2003 , 01:55 PM
user added image

there is some loss of resolution in the background cause i compressed it to a jpg...if you want to see the full resolution tiff, you can go here:

https://www.geocities.com/butterflies...heSeaStill.tif

and orgeeizm, no motion blur, but i did use depth of field during rendering, so there is bluring in the foreground and background...

thanks for checking it out! user added image

# 7 24-09-2003 , 03:31 PM
wow that's funky...almost seems like motion blur not DOF

# 8 25-09-2003 , 09:57 AM
whoa..yeah..that might be too much blurring for me...i'm getting sea sick from looking at that pic. and a lot of detail is lost in the foreground..lets see one without dof on. it looks cools though. the jellyfish is looking good

# 9 25-09-2003 , 01:20 PM
Hmmm.. i think it doesnt look like underwater, but that's just me user added image

The jelly fish... he looks ok. but i mean, his tentacles are one entity, you should split them up to seperate tentacles, add bubbles, maybe a shadowy rippelly effect from the waters surface cast over the top of everything? Definately too much blur.

looking alright though user added image

# 10 25-09-2003 , 03:12 PM
thanks for the feedback...i'm kind of stuck with it the way it is though cause i rendered it at school and 1) that's currently the only computer capable of rendering 3D that I have access to and 2) it's 3D rendering capabilities pretty much suck...I'm hoping to purchase a machine really soon, and then maybe re-render the whole thing the way I ultimately want it to look...but as it is, it took about 25 hours to render 900 frames...and I had to go through that excruciating experience about three times before the camera paths and everything else were close to what I actually wanted....so, anyway, yeah...I'll wait til I've got the right equipment before I attempt anymore modifications user added image

and, as far as shadowy ripples being cast, there actually is a caustic being projected from above...I think it's just hard to see in a still...

thanks again for looking though user added image

if/when I rework it, I'll repost... user added image