Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-10-2003 , 11:17 PM
Subscriber

charachter: kahr the demon.. W.I.P's my ass

found two great refernce images on a websit... its the gnomon demon images.. idecided to model, in poly at first, too difficult, there was 2 much details, so i went with patches... it's not yet stiched and i don't think it's completely 1 to 1 took me freaking 6 straight hours of non stop tweaking... arghhh.... just a try anyway . all crits welcome :bgreen:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-10-2003 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
other angle

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 07-10-2003 , 11:22 PM
Really nice start mate.. I used to try nurbs patches but found them way to fustrating so now im a poly sub-d guy..

The only areas you might want to look a bit more is the nose and lips they just need a bit more definition, other than that its looking good.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 08-10-2003 , 01:44 AM
cool very cool continue i waiting the texture user added image)

(kurt fanatic to??cool tb user added image )

# 5 08-10-2003 , 02:43 AM
Nice onem bro! I agree with Kurt.

In the front view it's fore head & eye brows look great & a major
part of it's character (ie big mean demon) but in the side view
it's lost. I'd pull it forward a little to draw the viewers eye to the skull & bone structure.

Silouhets (sorry about spelling) is the way that humans recognise
objects. get the silohet right and even if the detail isn't that good it will still have a good effect.

whats the poly count?

any updates? can't wait to see it finished

xian user added image

# 6 08-10-2003 , 03:09 AM
Looks awesome.

# 7 08-10-2003 , 03:13 AM
nice. ive always avoided the nurbs, patches area..i think i need to just jump in it and hug it. hehe i will try something like what you made soon.

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>