Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 26-11-2003 , 06:06 PM

advice please...

Hello all
I am currently working on a maya project and would like some advice what would you say is the best way to make shoulder leangth blond hail useing maya personal learning addition???
please help me.
your advice is verry appreasheated
user added image

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 2 26-11-2003 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber
paintFX, or some geo with textures and transparincy maped to it..
are the 2 choises I know of. Furs not in PLE right? well don't feel bad becouse fur will not work well for sholderlingth hair.

# 3 26-11-2003 , 08:00 PM
thanks pony.

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 4 26-11-2003 , 08:29 PM
Paint effect would work just remeber when using paint effects sometimes you have to render in layers. Depending on your model you maybe able to use a few nurbs plains.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 5 26-11-2003 , 09:01 PM
im sorry im new to this
render in layers???

# 6 26-11-2003 , 09:23 PM
Rendering in layer is when you have an animation and you break it down into a few different rendering passes.

For fast example

The first pass would be just your character moving around.

The second pass would be set.

The third would be paint effects.

Then once you have the 3 different passes you would bring them into a compositing program like aftereffects and merge them all together.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 7 26-11-2003 , 09:36 PM
ok
thanks
youve been a real help