Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 01-12-2003 , 03:18 AM
Subscriber
you might could get the MentalRay 1.5.1 thats the one you need for Maya4.5. From the Alias websight..
if they do not have it still you might try one of there other mirror sights in a nother contry..

# 17 01-12-2003 , 03:21 AM
Subscriber
Thanks pony!!!! user added image

# 18 01-12-2003 , 09:05 AM
Kevin
flipfl0p -you are either married or a girl as your bedroom is so damn tidy LOL

nice wip mate

# 19 02-12-2003 , 06:49 AM
Subscriber
THanks guys, I got mental ray 1.5.1, I'm having trouble with GI/FG, do you guys recommend any sites that explain particularly using Spot Lights w/ either raytrace or depthmapping during mental ray? The main problem I'm having, is that my spot light is not being deflected by the outer wall, causing all of the light to shine through, I have raytracing turned on for mental ray. Please help!!
-flipfl0p

# 20 03-12-2003 , 02:54 AM
Subscriber
Here is the effect I'm getting with global illum/final gather. I just used one spotlight, energy level for the photons is set at 40,000 [RGB], GI photons = 50,000, the intensity on the light is set to 20. It seems as if the photons are not bouncing at all after the initial strike on the bed and floor. The other light seems to be coming from the side of the wall where the camera is, as there is no wall there, and the background color is set to white, so I think that's where the excess light is coming from. The bumpiness on the ground looks a little grosse right now. Yuck... heh anyways I'll keep tweaking.
-flipfl0p

Attached Thumbnails