Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 31 27-11-2003 , 10:01 AM
Subscriber
Cheers Pony thats a great helpuser added image.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 32 27-11-2003 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber
Eeek does uv maping do my nut. Well after the best part of a day learning uv mapping, thanks again Pony, i've think I've got one thats good enuf to go with.

Attached Images
# 33 27-11-2003 , 06:51 PM
Subscriber
well that definly looks like it will hold a texture ok.. good job! so now you will be able to start working on the textuers them selfs.. hear comes the fun part.. at least for me.. but Hell you get tyred of them even.. well I do becouse I am not good enufe yet to get exactly what I want.. so..

keep up the great work..

# 34 28-11-2003 , 01:33 AM
The Maya Mountain
Looking good. user added image

# 35 28-11-2003 , 11:04 PM
Subscriber
Well like most things texturing is proving alot harder than I first thought, what a suprise, and when I look at the works from the likes of Pony, Chris_H, Ice Queen and the rest I feel my own efforts are really poor. So am gona move on to modelling the rest of the scene and come back to the texturing at a later point.

Just a quick request to the afore mention people, could you please try and suck a bit more? Thanks. user added image

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 36 29-11-2003 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber
Thought i'd put up very very very cheese clayout image from my scene. The window will look out onto a street with a few neon signs, a piano bar or something. Rain falling if I have time. A street light outside will be the main light source with the desk lamp providing a fill effect to lighten the otherwise harsh shadows.

If I have time i'll try and put a refection of the office door with the detective agencys name etc, the frosted glass ones windowed things.

The orc should be in three quarter profile away from camera with the head turned back into the shot.

Well thats the plan anyhow we'll have to wait and see if I put it off or not.

Attached Images
# 37 29-11-2003 , 04:17 AM
Subscriber

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 38 06-12-2003 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber
Hey, that looks really nice! I'm sure your orc is much better then my will be,but oh well. Just keep working on it, as you see (as I see it ti now) you learn a lot from this competitions.

Keep it up m8!

# 39 07-12-2003 , 07:48 PM
Subscriber
Cheers mate, unfortunately work and personal commitments are taking up all of my time just now so I havne't been able to do any work on it at all. Don't be so down on yourself mate, your bike is awesome so i'm sure you'll produce a superb character for it as well.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 40 07-12-2003 , 09:46 PM
Subscriber
Heh, tnx. I am happy with it, and I'll do my best with the orc. It's just that always when I made a model I see I could make even better and there is always a lot of things to improve.
I mean you are happy with what you make, but you know it would need a lot of work, and when you see some really awesome pictures (or even videos), you see how much you have too learn. But, it is true that when you see and think : "wow, I'll know to do that? man...." you suddenly become verry happy.

Ok pardon me, I'm talking too much about myself in your thread.
So move your ass and show us some progress! user added image user added image