Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 30-12-2003 , 11:46 PM

Reflect for sculpt polys and nurbs disabled?

I'd like to use the Sculpt tool for polys, but it's greyed out and unselectable. When I create a fresh nurbs cube or poly cube then go into the Sculpt tool, it still has Reflect disabled. Is there some global setting I need to change to enable this?

Thanks!

# 2 31-12-2003 , 02:15 AM
Subscriber
ok, this is really weird.....

With EditPolygons>PolySculptTool I cannot get reflection to appear for either a polygonal or nurbs object.

With EditNurbs>SculptSurfaceTool I can get reflection to appear for a nurbs and polygonal object. There is a CATCH however: in order for reflection to appear when I have a polygonal object selected, I am forced to select a nurbs object FIRST, bring up the NurbsSculptTool options window, select polygonal object with selection tool, then switch back to the sculpt tool (which appears at the bottom of the tool box).

This is very strange.....

# 3 31-12-2003 , 02:22 AM

Originally posted by Darkware
ok, this is really weird.....

With EditPolygons>PolySculptTool I cannot get reflection to appear for either a polygonal or nurbs object.

With EditNurbs>SculptSurfaceTool I can get reflection to appear for a nurbs and polygonal object.

I can't get the Reflect part of the Stroke panel to enable for either a nurbs or a poly object. It's completely greyed out no matter what I do.

# 4 31-12-2003 , 06:05 PM
For anyone else who wonders about this: it's some kind of bug. If you go to the final tab in the Sculpt tool (Misc) and flip back and forth between the two kinds of paint (Projective and UV) it will reset the Reflect command so that it works again.

Hopefully having this in the forum database will help anyone else who searches for it. :-)

# 5 01-01-2004 , 01:59 AM
Subscriber
Very nice catch Laralyn. I've been working with Maya and have been on this forum for about two years now I think and have never seen anyone ask about this problem. This is very interesting.