Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 76 19-01-2004 , 11:26 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by PonysGirl
My real name is Tamara (Tam for short). The name is russian but I am not. My moms favorite babysitter for my older brothers was named Tamara and she loved the name. So now it is mine as well. I beleive the name is derived from the hebrew name Tamar which means palm tree, the symbol for fertility. (don't go there guys LOL)

Hi Tamara

Actually - the name Tamara here in Israel is quite rare and indeed you will see that most Tamaras come from the USSR - My mother in law is from Georgia (USSR) and is named Tamara.

Tamar is a nice name and comes from the bible - there were a brother and sister that commited incest (Amnon and Tamar).

Most Tamar named girls that I know are usually on a classy level - you will not see a bimbo (or whatever you call them there ) named Tamar.

:-)

Nir

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com
# 77 19-01-2004 , 11:45 PM
Subscriber
and now for my name:

NIR SULLAM (hence nirsul..)

NIR:

Hebrew, pronounced as "near" but obviously without the accent you guys are mumbling right now...:-)

The meaning is agriculture related and means "a cultivated field" - now god has a joke on my account - 'agriculture related' but I am super alergic to everything green - so if you see me walking in a field - you will probably hear me sneezing like a tornado !

Why was I named that way - because it sounds nice and probably sounded nicer when I was born (37 years ago).

SULLAM

Hebrew, Means A LADDER - originated in the bible as in Jacob's Ladder , The name is dated to the time when Spanish jews were evicted from Spain some hundreds of years ago - as far as I know the family arrived at Venice, Italy and from there - to some other places in Europe and Egypt. The family had an emblem - two lions standing on both sides of ... a ladder..

Obviously as a child I was laughed at the surname.

NIR

Nir Sullam
www.nirsullam.com

Last edited by nirsul; 20-01-2004 at 11:52 AM.
# 78 20-01-2004 , 11:21 AM
Thank you nirsul for the additional info on my name.

I like to think I am a classy girl and not a bimbo. Yes that is one word used here to discribe that type of female. user added image

"Si vis pacem para bellum" if you desire peace, prepare for war.
# 79 20-01-2004 , 11:55 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by PonysGirl
I like to think I am a classy girl

Now Tam

RA in Hebrew is bad so if you put Tamar + Ra = Tamara = A BAD Palm

user added image user added image user added image

NIR

Nir Sullam
www.nirsullam.com
# 80 20-01-2004 , 01:50 PM
Kevin
stinky

# 81 20-01-2004 , 11:58 PM

Originally posted by nirsul
Now Tam

RA in Hebrew is bad so if you put Tamar + Ra = Tamara = A BAD Palm

Well not exactly...
What you have should be
Tamar+Ra=TamarRa
and that is not my name.:p

my name is Tamar +A

and isn't A an abreviation of Alpha... God...ie Alpha and Omega???

:bgreen:

Oh I always knew I was a Goddess....
:bow:

# 82 21-01-2004 , 12:49 AM
Subscriber
Get em girl user added image

# 83 21-01-2004 , 01:47 AM
ROTFLMAO.....

Indeed Ice Queen...indeed.....

# 84 21-01-2004 , 02:25 AM
We all ready for my name? are you sure? really? are you sure? here ill let you think, ill stall............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................................ok? its been 30 seconds! my brain is smarter! now THINK!............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................ok? its been one minute! ARGH!

ok whatever. The rs in my name equals Ross and the jrv equals my last name which i will not say user added image

# 85 21-01-2004 , 08:17 AM
Ponysgirl: You can make everything sound like god then user added image. My initials are Vincent A O, so that's Vincent = victory, the conquerer, and A-O is alpha-omega. So I must be the eternal all-powerful god of war user added image user added image. runs outside and throws lightning bolts at random people

# 86 21-01-2004 , 09:36 AM
Subscriber
Hi,

my name is Alex Vilhelm Ulberg Strarup... before I used my lastname as my nickname, I used my initials "avus"...

but got a bit tired of people mixing up the "V" with an "N", I also discovered that in Latin "avus" is meaning "granddad"... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 87 22-01-2004 , 09:31 PM
My real name is Kristjan Stuart

# 88 04-03-2005 , 12:05 PM
Subscriber
Mikkel Pahlke Fausing. Mikkel is a Danish variant on Michael, St. Michael or something I think but not really sure hehe.

Pahlke is the name some Polish ancestors of mine carried with them to Denmark when they fled the Nazis (they are not jewish but I believe they somehow helped jews or upset the nazis in some other way, I was born too late to talk to any of them so the story is a bit uncertain). My mother took up the Pahlke name again which had missed a generation or two.

Fausing is my fathers name, which that part of the family has had for a loooong time. Theres a town in another part of the country that has the same name, and my great-great grandfather (or perhaps a few more greats, not sure really) either got his name from the town, or gave the town his name - noone seems to be sure anymore.

Quite a long story for a name now that I look at it user added image.

Latest project:
Walk-Cycle
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
# 89 04-03-2005 , 01:38 PM
I never liked my original name, so as soon as I legally could... I changed it! user added image To Catherine. My life drawing class right now has seven students and four Catherines... it does get confusing... My last name, Danielson, is Danish. It was originally, I mean. At least that's what Grandma always said. My middle name was changed at the same time, to Valeria. Yes, that came from Conan the Barbarian.

# 90 04-03-2005 , 01:41 PM
Subscriber
William Marshall

"William" comes from the Germanic name "Wilhelm", which was composed of the elements wil "will, desire" and helm "helmet, protection". This is supposed to mean "determined protector".

Haven't got a clue what if any meaning there is to Marshall. All i know about this is it can be traced back to a sept of the Keith Clan.