Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 28-03-2007 , 11:54 AM
Glad you like it ^_^

I was planning on attaching the file to a post only as a last-resort, if I couldn't figure it out myself; I know that everyone else has quite a bit to do, so I don't want anyone to have to spend their time trying to fix my issue.

# 32 28-03-2007 , 12:01 PM
I went into the attributes for my trenchcoat and boots, and found that "Primary Visibility" was off...I have no idea how that happened.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Anyway, now I'm off to thicken the lower section a bit; that added oxygen-tank-midsection-strap makes him look all the thinner...

Attached Thumbnails

# 33 29-03-2007 , 04:35 PM
looking cool mate - very scary - one suggestion though - might be nice to beef up that oxygen tank - it's looking a bit weedy -or maybe make it into a double tank?

# 34 30-03-2007 , 01:56 AM
i gotta agree with arran... a double tank would not only look much cooler, but think about it... if it's gonna be an advanced-type technology with more primitive resources they're gonna want to use as much redundancy as possible... just to make sure it works right the first time.

...although you DO get the 'scuba dude above water' look... hehe

Accept no substitutions.
# 35 31-03-2007 , 07:02 AM
Ighty; I'll do a double-tank user added image

How should I go about making the gasmask feeds? Have one feed coming out from each tank, and joining into opposite sides of the mask? Or have one feed coming out from each tank, and join together into one feed that goes into the mask?

I hope that made sense...I whiped up a quick diagram:

Attached Images

# 36 31-03-2007 , 07:08 AM
i would say A - i was thinking earlier that you should also have one of those double gas mask things - sorry, not sure what they are called - here's a picture -

Attached Images
# 37 31-03-2007 , 09:51 AM
Double tanked user added image

For tomorrow: different gasmask (the one arran posted).

EDIT:

I'm actually happier with this...with a single tank, the straps that immediately came off it looked quite stretched...this way, that geometry stretching is also abated; good call arran & NeoStrider user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 38 31-03-2007 , 10:03 AM
Subscriber
this is looking very cool now. the double tank is deff looking good.

# 39 02-04-2007 , 03:59 AM

Attached Images

# 40 02-04-2007 , 04:00 AM
Does the randomization of the sizes of pieces on the right tank make it look more non-uniform in a good way? Or should I keep them as exact duplicates?

Attached Thumbnails

# 41 13-04-2007 , 10:17 PM
19 year Veteran
Very nice work severinianthony! user added image I think mabe you should have opted for a high poly version version instead. It just looks too basic at this stage. But anyway, nice job and best of luck!