Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-11-2004 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber

Mr pass thru my wall!

I am doing some MR testing for a scene. Basicaly, its a wall (poly) with a hole in it. I use a spot light which is outside the room to light the interior.

As you can sell on the picture below, I somewhat have x-ray vision since I can see the thickness of the wall. How can I fix this?

I have tried in maya software renderer and the problem isnt present. But I have to use MR since I need Global illumination and the window will be filled with a stainnedglass.

Thanks!

# 2 13-11-2004 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
oups! Forgot to post picture... :-S

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 13-11-2004 , 07:27 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'm not sure I understand the question...

# 4 16-11-2004 , 06:21 PM
Subscriber
Here is an exemple of what the render SHOULD look like. The black part that I removed from the first picture is the interior of the window and should not be visible from that angle. Its only visible because the wall is transparent.

I checked the shaders and everything is fine, its a basic lambert.

Also, notice the object I pointed with the red arrow. Its outside the room but we can see it thru the wall.

Any idea?

Attached Thumbnails