Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-04-2005 , 07:54 PM

Does MAYA have a tool/command that does.....

Hey, was looking through a Rhino book at school, and they have this tut. on how to make headphones. Anyways, to make the top of the headset, they would tell you to create a curve that is like a half circle, then create 3 curve profiles, 2 on the ends of the curve and 1 on the top, then attach them to the curve and make the curve on the top a little bigger. Then you do this command and it kind of "lofts" the curves but the lofting follows along the curve. It's kind of like extruding with 3 profiles. Then i was like neah... Maya is sooo user added image cool there has to be a way to do that too, but i couldn't figure it out, so does any1 know how to do it??
thanxuser added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein
# 2 25-04-2005 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber
try looking up the brials in the docs

# 3 25-04-2005 , 08:33 PM
oooo... nothing beats maya... user added image user added image :p user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
--Albert Einstein
# 4 27-04-2005 , 07:02 PM
Subscriber
Birails are evil and benign user added image

I would use the Surface Extrude with one curve profile(whatever thickness/shape you want) and one curve path(direction)