Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-05-2006 , 06:06 AM

Cocktails-Martinis and margaritas

Put this little project together today. The model took about 8 minutes, as it only consists of 8 revolved curves. The materials took about an hour to get right. I'm rendering out some wine glasses with wine right now.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 27-05-2006 , 10:02 AM
Nice little scene

Gotta say that the cocktail shaker's material is a bit too reflective and it should be more of a brushed metal type material, in my opinion.

but hey took you 68 mins to do!

# 3 28-05-2006 , 10:58 AM
Subscriber
wow very impressive ... just came across this ...love the simplicity

i will take mine shaken not stirred

dilberts007

# 4 31-05-2006 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber
Hi Dilbert, I would play a bit more with the specularity values of the metal pieces, make the spec color more white, like 1.4 or so, and the roll off a smaller number. Then apply a bump map with a noise map and uv values of something like 10 and 1 to give it a brushed effect.