Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-10-2006 , 09:59 AM
Subscriber

mirror geometry fault??

hey guys

can anyone shed some light on what i may be doing wrong here.

Just to see how my model was getting on so far, i mirror my polygon geometry (as apposed to duplicating it).

When i did however, i got this horrible deformation of the lip and nose where the 2 met.

This hasn't happened to me before. I have tried,

selecting all c.v's down the centre and making sure they are centered,

i have merged any cv's where the deformation is,...i get the same result.

I cant go further until i rectify....
pls pls help someone

thanx all

:headbang: :headbang:

Attached Thumbnails

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 2 18-10-2006 , 10:50 AM
i have no idea, i always do the duplicate method..
and just for future reference, those are not CV's those are just plain old vertices.. you probably knew that, but you mixed the 2 up in the post ^_^
-andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 18-10-2006 , 11:12 AM
Subscriber
can you put the file up here so we can take a look at it ..... also if you post the file in zip i can take a look at it if you want ...looks like some vertics have merge but cant tell

Last edited by mmoore5553; 18-10-2006 at 11:30 AM.
# 4 19-10-2006 , 05:04 AM
Subscriber
Oh yer verts soz. lol

Anyway i duplicated it.

usually i get and predominent line down the middle, which i dont like. However i have over come that. I didn't realise that after you combine the 2, you have to merge the verts to get rid of the border edges. so thanx

would appreciate it if you could have a look at it anyway. Also whats the best way to create eye sockets and a nose. Those are not my strong points!!

Thanx guys

Attached Files
File Type: zip head2.zip (164.4 KB, 140 views)

# 5 19-10-2006 , 02:54 PM
Senior Software Developer
To answer the question on the modelling eyes stuff, go to the downloads for the free SM Videos. Kirk has just completed a new Basic Human Model tute and will cover eyes, nose, mouth etc...

Free Bloke Tutorial

Also always do a duplicate then combine and merge verts, its a little longer to do but your almost guarenteed to get it right firtst time...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 6 19-10-2006 , 10:24 PM
Subscriber
yeah thats wot i do now...combine and merge.

thanx

As for the tutorial, i completed that! Awesome beginners tut, but want a bit more of advance nose and eyes.

Eyes arent so bad, not that hard creating sockets and 2 spheres.

As for the nose, i find it hard knowing where to create the correct edge loops for nostrils etc.

My character is cartoony -ish but with a bit of depth, not too basic if you know what i mean. I want a BIT of detail before i rig up at least.

cheers

R@n
user added image

# 7 19-10-2006 , 10:31 PM
Senior Software Developer
NP,

Geometry is all about flow. If it flows correctly and has the minimum of triangles and no n-sided faces, your onto a winner really. God it sounds so simple lol

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)