Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 28-04-2007 , 04:22 PM

my first maya animation/model

well i just finished the models and most of the animation. its an animation of an engine (modeled after a saab 2.0 turbo) being built and then it show the engine running. this is for my advanced computer graphics course at shippensburg university. its my first maya model but i will say that i have used 3dsmax a little before.

heres a few blown up frames:

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 2 05-05-2007 , 05:17 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
the engine looks very good,nice job.
The only thing that annoys me a little bit is that you and a lot of other people in the finished work section are saying that this is there first model ever, please don't do this anymore, because it discourages people who are new to 3d(read; maya) and your work is very good(even if you were at it for 10 years) so take pride in it

keep up the good workuser added image

# 3 13-05-2007 , 03:07 PM
a little late but i gatta comment...where the animation?!?!? comon animate the sucker