Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 46 06-04-2003 , 08:02 PM
Subscriber
tariqrf, ereitz

I just relised what might be cousing the confustion about the legs. let me explain hear and see if they don't make more sence to you all after that.. if not please let me know..

the part in blue on the legs.. I know this is a front view but the legs are angled so that even though they are thin and ovalish from both the front and the side they look fat and squar. the part in blue on the legs is ware acualy the normals of thoughs faces are going to be facing more inwards than frontwards..

this help ?

still looking at the muscle layout though..

# 47 06-04-2003 , 08:50 PM
WOW buddy this is gonna be sweet in 3D!!!! user added image

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 48 06-04-2003 , 08:55 PM
Subscriber
looking good! i think i know what you're talking about with the legs - i'm looking forward to seeing the model!

He's looking more menacing with the claws. user added image

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 49 06-04-2003 , 11:24 PM
i so wish i could draw..cant wait to see the 3d version

# 50 07-04-2003 , 12:33 AM
Subscriber
Wicket !! whats up mate.. thanks.. and thanks VAMPIRe yeah can't wait to get it to 3d eather.. being on the other computer to get on the net really blows..!!

Wicket so its true that SD pc133 don't work in DDR motherboards.. having to replace mother board and finding one for a P4 but with SDRam is hard.. really don't want to have to get the motherboard and the DDR at the same time.. sucks..

am thinking about bilding a dual Xeon 2.5 type monster though later in a month or so..

# 51 08-04-2003 , 12:35 PM
Subscriber

computers

very close to haveing computer and all working agin !!

still little things not right..
and maya needs installed.. user added image

# 52 08-04-2003 , 12:39 PM
Subscriber
sweet sketch pony user added image hope you can get started so you dont chuck a brian - get it all good then dont finish it on time user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 53 08-04-2003 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber
hey pony nice concepts!!! user added image
do you draw these things freehand? or on the pooter? cos it cant be that easy to edit it if its on paper user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 54 08-04-2003 , 10:39 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Nem, I was freehand but on computer.. I don't have a scanner right now, so I stick to photo shop. Have a big tablet for drawing. I perfer to work on paper though. comp is good for edits to get things right though when working through a pic or consept your not totaly sure about the direction though.

# 55 08-04-2003 , 11:08 PM
Subscriber
Very Inventive man, a thought on the claws: If you were still tweaking, check out a raptor claw, or maybe a retractible one like a cat or lion.

By, the way Keep up the sketching man!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 56 09-04-2003 , 03:21 AM
Subscriber
yeah.. the raptor claws sound like a good idea.. and cant wait for the 3d!

# 57 09-04-2003 , 04:13 AM
Subscriber

ok.. drum role..

OK boys and girls.. some one get me a rapter pic and I'll start posting some good stuf.. !!!!!!!!!!!

just started tonight after long rebilds of harddrive and setting and tuning some things up..

think I'll take a nap now..

# 58 09-04-2003 , 04:16 AM
Subscriber
Yep I know have some crap to clean up on it.. but finaly started..

You would think that I would have enufe Maya withdrawles to keep me going for a day or so constant but there is a warm bed calling me.

# 59 09-04-2003 , 05:07 AM
Subscriber
Great start! Keep it coming!

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 60 09-04-2003 , 02:07 PM
Looks very good so far and I'm excited to see the modelling. The only thing at all that throws off the drawing for me is the little decomposed portion of the tail. I think it'd be cool to expand that and have other portions decomposed as well. Like maybe some of the muscles in one of the legs, which makes him walk with a limp, or maybe some serious wing damage. Its hard to crit something so well done. Can't wait to see more. user added image

"It's supposed to be hard, if it was easy, everyone would do it."