Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-10-2008 , 06:05 PM

Model is frozen in space

Hey, I just got back into animation this semester after having a relatively busy summer. I was just getting into animating one of my original Star Wars characters when I ran into some skeleton problems, so I decided to delete it and start over. However, after I deleted the skeleton I ended up somehow freezing the main object so that it can't be scaled, moved or rotated around, yet for some reason I still can with the Light Staff.

Any explanations as to how this could be?

user added image

user added image

# 2 20-10-2008 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber
What does your channel box look like? are the translates/rotates,etc blacked out or hidden?

Chris

# 3 20-10-2008 , 09:07 PM
EDIT:

Sorry, I misunderstood you when you made the suggestion. But to answer your question more properly now, yes they are all blacked out as seen in here:
user added image

Last edited by huntaer; 24-10-2008 at 04:36 PM.
# 4 24-10-2008 , 04:38 PM
bump, edited reply

# 5 24-10-2008 , 05:06 PM
Super Moderator
Left click, drag select all those attributes, then right click and select unlock from the drop down menu.

- Genny
# 6 24-10-2008 , 05:28 PM

Originally posted by GecT
Left click, drag select all those attributes, then right click and select unlock from the drop down menu.

You lost me at "drag select all those attributes"... Got a snap shot photo of the menu I'm suppose to be looking at?

# 7 24-10-2008 , 06:22 PM
Subscriber
She means left click on the top attribute that is black (in this case translate x) and while holding down left click drag the mouse to highlight all attributes that are black

then hold down right click and select unlock

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 8 24-10-2008 , 07:09 PM
You guys are amazing. Now I can get this project half done before class starts on Monday. Thanks a bunch