Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 331 18-11-2002 , 02:24 PM
antennes...

How to fly:
"...aim for the ground and miss..."
# 332 18-11-2002 , 02:44 PM
shiny blue... user added image

How to fly:
# 333 18-11-2002 , 03:41 PM
kewl, thanks for the comments people.
update:

# 334 18-11-2002 , 04:32 PM
DeviantDreamworks: Hey, great work dude! Might as well try some more modelling, try to add some more mechanized details, for example, there´s tons of stuff you could make out of the generator ... or the antenae. Remember also to bevel you´re entry model, since yours actually has a lot of hard edges who need some caring to do. user added image Beautifull model, just remember to keep on it!

Vizion: Excellent piece of modelling! Perhaps a bit more details? try to put in some more stuff like the back legs termination points. (I really like that bit) Remember, we´re after a mechanized look so try to apply it even more effectively on your model piece. Excellent work! Keep on it!

Entries Updated at the ShowCase

# 335 18-11-2002 , 04:45 PM
Kevin
guys... this has been a fantastic month, so many of you I see are improving all the time!!! well done all, Im so proud of you all user added image

great work

# 336 18-11-2002 , 06:53 PM
Here's a start on the scene, it's a sci-fi airport, built specificly for hovering aircraft only, as you can see there is a path leading off the way, still working on that. But there is also an underground hanger capable of store smaller ships, like my wasp. I am also going for a metal "shiny" look on my wasp. I will try to go in to detail on the underground hanger, user added image. I have only 1 question, how do I go about makeing 3 lights that flash red on the coners, light a real air port? And one more question how do i make the hanger underground just do a new scene or put it in a cube under the groudn/grass?

Thanks in advance,
Deviant Dreams user added image

++Update++ Added some lights and added windows to the tower.

How to fly:

Last edited by deviantdreamworks; 18-11-2002 at 09:17 PM.
# 337 19-11-2002 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber

A little update on my model-stand.

I feel good about this, but please hurt me.

# 338 19-11-2002 , 02:02 AM
Supreme Being

Re: A little update on my model-stand.

Originally posted by undseth
I feel good about this, but please hurt me.

ok.. it SUCKS!!!

# 339 19-11-2002 , 02:03 AM
Supreme Being
naaah.. just kiddin' man.. it's lookin' nice man.. keep it up! user added image

# 340 19-11-2002 , 02:06 AM
LOL .. it´s good undseth .. should work. However the please hurt me bit .. well .. LOl .. I mean ... ehh .. we are not into that kind of things you know? .. this is a pretty decent site and all .. .. we´re not .. into .. ehh. .. personall preferences and such .. ..

hehehe

# 341 19-11-2002 , 02:06 AM
Subscriber
weeeell....
why?

edit:
oh, im not into that adldesigner!

But keep ut the good work guys, you are really showing the best of your mental abilities here. Too bad if any of you stopped this fabulous feat that you so proudly show. Thank you. :>

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!

Last edited by undseth; 19-11-2002 at 02:10 AM.
# 342 19-11-2002 , 02:07 AM
Ok honestly Undseth I think that you could produce something a bit more in keeping with your model. I don't believe that your landscape is going to do your model (Which I love!) justice. I dont mean to be a wet blanket but it's just my humble opinion afterall.

I am trying to make an evocative scenario for my mech. I am making the scene shown below and the mech is gonna crawl out of the air vent on the left (possible loads and loads of them! Am I allowed to use Houdini to do that part? user added image)

# 343 19-11-2002 , 02:10 AM
undseth: Just kidding mate, Diorama´s fine mate.

Pure_Morning:Scene´s looking good, although personally I would pretty prefered you used Maya for everything. (After all it´s a maya site and all)

# 344 19-11-2002 , 02:12 AM
user added image But it will take me days to animate 1000 of these mechs in Maya!!!! user added image I could do it in 2 hours with Houdini! Oh well cancel the social appointments for the next few weeks! user added image

# 345 19-11-2002 , 02:14 AM
Subscriber
Roman+adldesigner:
Oh...
*smiles*
It's ok!

Pure_Morning:
You put your finger on someting important there.
One of my two mechs are going to do some tree climbing.
Maybe some other infrastructure would give it some "weight".

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!