Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 25-02-2007 , 10:18 PM
Subscriber

Animated robot! Feedback, please!

Hello there!
For some time now, i've been working on this model (inspired by an animation i found here at the forum, some time ago,
called "livefiretest")and a whole lot on its texture...
I made this quick animation of my robot hearing some sort of sounds, reacting and finally getting sucked out
of this world from a powerfull draft of some kind.
I'm pretty new to the animation part of 3d and would like to hear some tips of the trade. Whats good(if any), whats bad and whats missing?

follow the link, you'll find a mpeg i hope you all can watch.

Thank you / Vilo

www.twinengine.se/TransferFiler/robogun.mpg

Last edited by vilo; 27-02-2007 at 06:10 AM.
# 2 25-02-2007 , 11:22 PM
Think it looks pretty good! Not too sure about the camera movments but I can see why you've got them.

Maybe vary the eye color / glow intensity a bit to show surprise and curiosity?? also some sound would really top it off!!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 26-02-2007 , 12:54 AM
Subscriber
It's a great start,

Perhaps you could have it struggle against that vacuum a bit, slide towards the hole trying to get foot hold, as it currently looks as though it just falls into the hole.

Top stuff,

Mat.

# 4 26-02-2007 , 05:50 AM
yeah this was really good. I agree that the camera movements were a little distracting - I think I could see what you were going for - it was just a bit much.

I really liked the robot and the overall design - like how it ended with just the black hole and shadow against the white background.

Really good job mate - lets see some more of your stuff.