Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-02-2006 , 04:37 PM
Subscriber

Ferrari Spider

# 2 02-02-2006 , 04:43 PM
Subscriber
lookin nice
but its a bit too dark for me e.g wheels and inside the car

the rims standout to much i think. mainly cos they're bight and the wheels and wheel cove thinkg is dark

nice to see uve gone for a colour other than red

:bandit:

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 02-02-2006 , 04:47 PM
Subscriber
nice modeling but like pbman says the rims maybe need a a better reflection as they appear white and the inside and tyres need some lighting.user added image

# 4 02-02-2006 , 05:05 PM
on the related issue of darkness, the cars interior is too dark to see the geometry. Other than that, sweet model user added image

# 5 02-02-2006 , 05:13 PM
Subscriber
Hello Axer,

Nice work so far, it looks as though an edge crease has been missed on the rear panel though.

Keep it up,

Mat.

Attached Images
# 6 02-02-2006 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber
damm happy mat u have a good eye
now u say it its obivious but woa

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 7 02-02-2006 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
nice modeling.
things that stand out when i look at it are:
1/ sidewindow mirrors, looks like its just floating the in the air- probably cause the interior is pitch black and kind of makes the side patch at the window disappear

2/wheel arch and surround geometry the lines that gives the definition is abit wonky.. meaning its not straight, tends to dip up and down and the width isnt constant.

3/colour conflicts

apart from that good work!

3D Modeler and Texture Painter (Learning)
"We have limits.... our imagination does not"

Final Year: University of Bradford (Worst place to live and study in the UK!!)

Last edited by cung; 02-02-2006 at 09:29 PM.
# 8 03-02-2006 , 05:54 AM
Subscriber
Thank you all for taking the time commenting and encouraging

Pbman and Magicsy - You are absolutely right the wheel region and interior needs to be brighter with better reflections , will get on it.

Lipski - I will brighten the interior was trying to simulate black leather seats , you are right there is hardly any specualrity to define the shapes of the interiors. I will get on top of it .

Happymat27 - Thanks a lot for pointing out the crease , i will get on top of it.

Cung - I will brighten the interiors and hopefully that will take care of the floating effect or ill try another shader

- You are right the wheel arch surrounding geometry is dipping in places , i will mess around with it and try to get it more flowing if not i will try and make a new one.

- color conflicts. the floor and the car color dont have much contrast between them, will try and give the floor another material so that the car color pops a bit more.

Cheers

user added image