Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-10-2002 , 05:59 PM

Cloth Probs 2

Even when I make a NURBS primitive circle, when I go to create a cloth panel, I get the error message: "Error: Curves must form a closed loop. Check for unconnected or extra curves." Now, I understand that NURBS vertices don't actually "weld," but I have no solution to this problem. (I also tried to use "close open curves but that just toggles and is not the answer.) Does anyone know why I can't get a "closed loop?"

# 2 01-10-2002 , 06:09 PM
That would be because a circle primitive in Maya is a periodic curve. Not a closed curve.

In that case if you want to change that curve to a "closed" curve you should try Edit Curves> Detach Curves on any point of that periodic curve.

Hope it helps ... Report results, Thanks!

# 3 01-10-2002 , 06:47 PM
Thanks adldesigner! I didn't know the difference between periodic and closed curves. I tried making a cloth panel from a simple primitive circle. I selected the edit points and did what you suggested. Unfortunately, while cloth did in fact make a panel, I can't seem to translate it. Also, the panel icon appears within the circle, but there is no visible surface. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

# 4 01-10-2002 , 06:49 PM
The Maya Mountain
I think you oughta try the Cloth tutorial that is in the Maya help files... it really helped me understand how cloth works back when I was messing with it.

# 5 01-10-2002 , 07:14 PM
<-- seconds that ... user added image

(I donĀ“t have any experience whatsoever using cloth)

# 6 28-10-2002 , 04:19 AM
you have to select the panel and go to Cloth>>create Garment

that's it......