Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 01-06-2004 , 03:27 PM

predator time...

again... that time of the year is coming... 20 days to summer and we alrready have 37ÂșC peaks in Madrid... (shivers thinking about temperatures in august...) and that means, no doubt, predators... (well, heared that the AvP movie is settled on the antartida!.... has it been alrready realeased in EEUU(or when)?)

quick!, i need a fast&easy project that enables me to buy air conditioning...!user added image (uh... and maya 6... and a secondary tft monitor... and maybe a lil travel... and keep dreaming...)

Last edited by dragonfx; 01-06-2004 at 03:49 PM.
# 2 01-06-2004 , 03:47 PM
look at him... hes BAD!

Attached Images
# 3 01-06-2004 , 05:20 PM
AVP will be released at the end of august (or it might be october I'm not 100%).

I can't tell you any of the story cause of the NDA (non disclosure agreement) but it looks good so far.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 01-06-2004 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
Eh Pure_Morning, since you are working in the film industry, maybe you can answer this question:
From all the people who work on a movie, how on earth is it possible that no one tell the scripter/realisator when something totaly stupid happen?

Exemple: bouncing light rays in Blade 2 AND Van Helsing, basic laws of physics, how someone can lift something heavier than them at arms lenght without problem, etc...

It really bothers me to see how they can spend millions on a movie without even proof reading the scenario... Van Helsing is the best exemple, so not credible that I feel bad for the actors!

Anyways, I dont want to turn this into a movie critic, just want to know if you know if its done or not...

# 5 01-06-2004 , 06:28 PM

Originally posted by Mantat
Eh Pure_Morning, since you are working in the film industry, maybe you can answer this question:
From all the people who work on a movie, how on earth is it possible that no one tell the scripter/realisator when something totaly stupid happen?

for a second i tough you were talking in general an i would point to a phrase commonly used on tv and movies "the director is God" and as such has a godlike ego but not enough ot the other godly qualitys.. other causes can be not having enough time/money

Originally posted by Mantat

Exemple: bouncing light rays in Blade 2 AND Van Helsing, basic laws of physics, how someone can lift something heavier than them at arms lenght without problem, etc...

It really bothers me to see how they can spend millions on a movie without even proof reading the scenario... Van Helsing is the best exemple, so not credible that I feel bad for the actors!
[/B]

On this particular case:
its called children physics... it is done on purpose... even if you and me get annoyed with it, it enables to show loads of eyecandy and eyecandy actually sells... a lot... (example: matrix)

Personally my preferred level of unveliebable physics is more or less at the level of "the bourne identity" (which isnt actually even 80% correct either...)

On lights and such is a trade of the game... a movie lies on every frame... the problem comes when you dont believe the lie(in fact a lot of ppl that sees a set for frist time and how boring it is and all the tricks and guts becomes a bit disenchantented about film/tv

Last edited by dragonfx; 01-06-2004 at 06:36 PM.
# 6 02-06-2004 , 10:58 PM
haha, that pic in your second post looks great Dragon! Your side pic reminds me too..I was lucky enough to meet Stan Winston a few days back, and he talked about all his famous monster creations....anyways afterwards I went home and watched Predator, and it just made me smile tosee the work he had been talking about with a new appreciation for his great monster design. I too am looking forward to AVP, have been a fan from both creature franchises and the comics. It ought to be great fun to see these guys go at it on the big screen. Oh..and as for your AC in Madrid, hey when the movie comes out, go see it in the Air conditioned theater over and over =P Or come visit the US and watch it here, got really nice AC in the Metreon Theater.

AL San Miguel
<a href="https://www.smgd.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.SMGD.com