Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 166 01-05-2010 , 01:11 AM
Lifetime Member
bahahahahaha yeh Ben he did. I understand now (Im over 40 so Im thinkin old). They are the modern equivalent just no kids. I got what you meant as soon as you said 'chewin gum'. bahahahaha makes me think of Ab Fab actually!!! I didnt watch Ali G mate, never really got into him to tell the truth. I LOVE British comedy, big fan of the OLD stuff (like me). Hale and Pace were my choice.

Yes we have plenty of Kev and Tracey lookalikes over here......bahahahaha

A Bogan is a bikie without a bike so to speak. They are usually poor (though own a spotless V8 Monaro or GT XY Ford) etc etc

Think Hale and Pace with the 2 Iron Maiden dudes, thats pretty close to a bogan mate.

bahahahauser added image

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 167 01-05-2010 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by bullet1968
bahahahahaha yeh Ben he did. I understand now (Im over 40 so Im thinkin old). They are the modern equivalent just no kids. I got what you meant as soon as you said 'chewin gum'. bahahahaha makes me think of Ab Fab actually!!! I didnt watch Ali G mate, never really got into him to tell the truth. I LOVE British comedy, big fan of the OLD stuff (like me). Hale and Pace were my choice.

Yes we have plenty of Kev and Tracey lookalikes over here......bahahahaha

A Bogan is a bikie without a bike so to speak. They are usually poor (though own a spotless V8 Monaro or GT XY Ford) etc etc

Think Hale and Pace with the 2 Iron Maiden dudes, thats pretty close to a bogan mate.

bahahahauser added image

user added image A uni friend of mine... well....my ex, actually, is travelling Australia and New Zealand at the moment.I'll have to check on her to see if she's come across any bogans. Chewing gum, yeah, it could be kinda crucial to the image. You have to check out Ali G. He is definitely one of the best comedic exports from these shores in the last decade. And in his feature length film he made, there is 'essex' culture galore that would illustrate the 'Kevin and Tracy' set-up perfectly.

Im 29. Hale and Pace are sooo Eighties!! lol. But they are still 'da management'.

Catch up on Ali G. The guy is, literally, a genius.user added image

My mum just added: A 'sheila'. Thats probably the Aussie 'Tracey'. Or kylie?

Last edited by ben hobden; 01-05-2010 at 01:30 AM.
# 168 01-05-2010 , 01:30 AM
Lifetime Member
Yeh I used to watch 'in da house' he is good but I dont get into him. Still amazing how comedy crosses cultures and boundaries though!!!!! We all have our stereotypes and no matter where on the earth they are, they are similar!!! bahahahaha

80's eh!!??? you callin me old Ben? bahahahah cos I am!!!!

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 169 01-05-2010 , 01:39 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Moving swiflty on

the cockpit is now done, so thats off to render for the next set of Outlaws tales pages....

began a new main character......

Jay

user added image

# 170 01-05-2010 , 02:13 PM
Lifetime Member
looks good bro, Roman in appearance, not is it?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 171 01-05-2010 , 02:36 PM
Thanks Ant

No not roman on purpose. I am actually playing with forms at the moment, I havent done human character modelling for a few months as its been all creatures, dogs and buildings.

This one will be heading more toward the actor Bruce Greenwood I hope once Ive got enough refs together then followed by Robert Knepper.....

cheers for now
Jay

# 172 01-05-2010 , 11:39 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Looks good man, tad lumpy in places. The forms need integrating into each other a bit more.... but early days, so hard to say.

Nice work though...

I'm still buzzing of the Hawking stuff man... awesome!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 173 02-05-2010 , 08:24 PM
Yup, sure is and sure does!!

Jay

# 174 05-05-2010 , 05:22 AM
Subscriber
hey jay long time no see! first of all congrats on the new job, how is it over there?

as usual loving the work you produce so far, no crits from me at all. btw the chick in outlaws tale(last page) looks hot :p

# 175 05-05-2010 , 08:10 AM
MarlonJohn!!!

dude, you live!!!

yeah it has been a while hasnt it. Hope all is well.

Going pretty good over here, though am looking around for work just incase my contract doesnt get extended - thats the VFX industry for you.

Thanks matey no crit...glad you like her, sign up on the RSS, you'll get first look at her before anyone else on the web when I update.

cheers for now

Jay

# 176 20-05-2010 , 10:12 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
"NEW PAGE NEW PAGE"
yup jay its a demonstration user added image

# 177 21-05-2010 , 08:41 AM
LOL cool mate

well the good news is I have 3 pages on the go right now so its just the time to finsh them and I'll put them up together.

They should be pretty good, Im happy with them so far.

Also Outlaws Tales has provoked some serious interest to be published as one of the first 3d graphic novels done properly. Im off to the Comic con here on Sunday to meet with a few people to discuss its future. Who knows how it will turn out, it could end up a s a film or TV series too. All of these categories are a possibilty so fingers crossed.

Also dont forget to vote for it on www.Comichovel.com

cheers
Jay

# 178 21-05-2010 , 09:03 AM
Lifetime Member
Jay,

I have just read it, not bad dude, not bad.

Now that you have also engineered my curiosity in the story Im with murambi!!!!!

New page, new page etc etc etc more please........

cheers bullet:attn: :bow: :bow:

bullet1968

# 179 21-05-2010 , 10:12 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay
Also Outlaws Tales has provoked some serious interest to be published as one of the first 3d graphic novels done properly. Im off to the Comic con here on Sunday to meet with a few people to discuss its future. Who knows how it will turn out, it could end up a s a film or TV series too. All of these categories are a possibilty so fingers crossed.

dude that is insane! i hope something awesome comes out of it user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 180 21-05-2010 , 10:50 PM
Thanks Chirone

The only prob is that if it does become a graphic novel, it wont be updated at all online. It may just be snippets of stuff. But we'll see

Jay