Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 11-09-2007 , 08:58 AM

Android tutorial.

Hi,
I have finally got around to doing the very popular android tutorial. Please let me know what you think.

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

Last edited by mmmm_soup; 05-10-2007 at 01:47 PM.
# 2 11-09-2007 , 10:57 PM
Subscriber
yes it is popular.., you noticed quickly!

welcome mmmmm.., your new?????

what do I think?? looks great.., looks like you pulled it together very quickly and very competently.., i have it too, you may already know.., I will finish it.., when i get time when uni finishes

in he meantime.., yours is very well done.., nice poses.., did you rig it too.., that seems a popular thing to do with it here too.

user added image

the only crit.., at a quick look (cause I have to run out the door) is the knees are too big.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 13-09-2007 , 05:26 AM
the poses are wat i like best about ur android! how did u go about doin the poses is wat im most interssted in? they look quite real like a sexy woman would pose user added image

# 4 13-09-2007 , 07:14 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm still learning. I parented it to a very simply skeleton to get it posed. From there I just looked up how runway models pose to get it to look real.

# 5 20-09-2007 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber
well the modesty is certainly in character user added image

great camera angles, took a litle moorre than looking at runway models to nail those shots. (moods)

words like 'learning' and 'simple' are as relative as 'hue', 'value' and 'saturation'.., that is to say.., completely relative to who you are standing next to.

Muser added image

Last edited by mirek03; 20-09-2007 at 05:26 PM.
# 6 22-09-2007 , 05:41 PM
These tutorials are very helpful. It was accually my first attempt at global illumination and final gather. I think the walls might have come out a little bit blotchy. My girlfriend gave me the idea to look at model poses. user added image I'm learning as much as I can as I am preparing myself for school for digital animation in a couple of weeks. :blush: Thanks again for the feedback.

# 7 23-09-2007 , 06:40 AM
Subscriber
looks good anyway

hey phrosting.., im in adelaide too user added image small world

# 8 23-09-2007 , 11:33 AM
Nice job!

Could prolly use better lighting though.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu