Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-11-2003 , 05:07 AM
Subscriber

mechanical aircraft modeling help

Hi Everyone,

Ok so I thought I would take a stab at trying to model something to get me used to the tools outside of doing a bunch of tutorials...so that I better understand what it is I am doing.

So here's my pic. I thought I would try something mechanical as it could have all the elements to speed along learning. Ok so I picked a spaceship...

At first I contemplated polys but then decided against it as ( I think) I will run into smoothing problems especially near the cockpit and window areas..

So I figured nurbs was the way to go as I figured that I could model out the cockpit seperately and then stitch it to the fuselage later.... but i think my curves turned out rather lousy after my initial loft.

So my question is 2 fold. What's the best method here that I should use to tackle this and why?

Anyone have any luck with modeling this type of stuff as I would love to see some with brief explanations for a Noob as to how you
basicly modeled it.

user added image

Thanks Grayth