Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 13-09-2010 , 04:10 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
a machine like this what you need is either metal textures or an environment with an hdri map to reflect of the surfaces anyway it looks very promosing

# 17 20-09-2010 , 05:04 AM
Subscriber
It took me a while but I finally got around to getting down into the details of the texturing.

murambi - Thanks for the advice. I've been trying to go for a painted metal texture like a tank or other fighting vehicle. I'll have to look up HDRI environments to figure out how to incorporate it!

Attached Thumbnails

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 18 20-09-2010 , 05:14 AM
Lifetime Member
That looks bloody good mate!!!! will look the part with a background for sure!!!! I think Iceworld look LOL

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 19 20-09-2010 , 05:44 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the huge compliment bullet! I was going to pause for a bit and come back and do other mechs before a background. But an iceworld sounds like a great idea! I'll start looking up something to make an iceworld background!

Thanks!:attn:

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 20 20-09-2010 , 05:46 AM
Lifetime Member
Something simple I reckon mate.....flat surface with a few bumps and an Ice cliff behind him maybe?? as the backdrop??

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes