Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-08-2004 , 06:29 PM

THE BEST BEGINNERS MAYA BOOK

I have looked all over the internet for a decent book on learning maya for beginners. I have already bought "The Art of Maya", after reading about it on variuos websites, considered it a given. But now i want the book that will actually teach me how to use maya, just one book. Ive looked at Dariush Derakhshani 's "Introducing Maya 6: 3D for Beginners " but was sceptic becuase of the price , i have also thought about Alias's own "Learning Maya 6 | Foundation". The tutorials looked weak. I Searched all over the internet for reviews, but all i could find are 2 sentence, one sided, descriptions of customers experiences with the book.But could not pick one or the other, if there is another book out there under 50$USD, then PLZ post Soon.

Thank you so Much!!! user added image

"Hey!! Wait I got a new complaint...
Forever in debt to your priceless advice."
# 2 25-08-2004 , 02:00 PM
Subscriber

# 3 29-08-2004 , 06:51 AM
I just bought Introducing Maya 6: 3D for Beginners a couple of weeks back and just finished all the modeling sections. I think it's a pretty good book and I like how the author wrote it. It's easy to understand and follow what he's trying to get across.

I've dabbled in 3D for a couple of years so this book is perfect for one that's ready to plunk down and start learning 3D with Maya.

# 4 04-09-2004 , 01:58 AM
I need some books too...

Some people in my computer class were reading the Art of Maya, the kids who i thought would never...do maya in their life (heh-heh) and they were doing animation, I mean they cant model..but ya.

I have a budget though, just spent a ton of money on rock climbing gear user added image

Addis

# 5 04-09-2004 , 02:02 AM
Subscriber
maya fundamentals is always a good place to start, tho i admit, i bought the book but never finished it user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 6 04-09-2004 , 02:33 AM
Hey Simon, didnt know you went on this site

I want the vtms but i cant get points.

I'll check that book out, i think we have it at school.

www.addisdesigns.com

Powdered Milkman!