Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-12-2003 , 06:22 AM

Help with 'Create Shatter' please.

Hi there, I am having a bit of trouble with the 'Create Shatter' tool.

Works fine on nurbs sphere, but not poly sphere or cylinder. Nurbs cylinder also does weird things.

when i try to use it on a poly object, even though the help file says that it works on poly, i get an error message that says 'Error: An error occurred while running the Solid Shatter script. Results may be invalid. If necessary, undo to restore the previous situation.'

Do i need to do something to prepare the polygon surface beforehand, like tesselate it? Cause I would prefer not to have to do that.

thanks for your help.

Bin.

# 2 15-12-2003 , 09:09 PM
I would try runnig a Polygon Cleanup where you set it to tesselate any non-planer faces. Oh, also make sure you delete the history before you shatter.

# 3 16-12-2003 , 06:36 AM
That was the answer I was looking for user added image

Deleting the history! It works fine once I do that.

Thanks Dann!