Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-04-2004 , 03:43 AM

Can I import a model w/texture and all from a .mb(or .ma) into another .mb?

I have this scene that takes ~15 min to render and with my time jam(school, sports, HW, etc etc etc) it obviously does not satisfy me. But I still need to add a few objects in there.

1. Can I model/texture/finish them in another scene and then import into the final one?
2. If 1=yes, how?
3. If 1=no, can I make it so that the massive objects in the final are not displayed and time is not used up for them?
4. If 3=yes, how?
5. If 3=no, what do I do about the whole thing?

I am in 10th grade, sophomore in high school, but if you don't take me serious, I'll make you.
# 2 06-04-2004 , 02:25 AM
Someone answer please!!!
Or redirect me somewhere where it is written....

I am in 10th grade, sophomore in high school, but if you don't take me serious, I'll make you.
# 3 06-04-2004 , 03:15 AM
Lifetime Member
jack yes you can model something and save the model, then open your scene and under the file tab select import and browse to the model and import it .

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 06-04-2004 , 03:42 AM
You can also use References, so you can update the original scene and the references objects in the master scene are updated as well.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 06-04-2004 , 03:49 AM
Thanks a lot everybody!

# 6 06-04-2004 , 02:17 PM
what about using render layers to save render time?

A conscious power has drawn the plan of life...