Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 01-05-2006 , 09:32 PM

Questions

First question I will ask, and check back for more, cause I will have a few more in this thread.

How do I make an empty space in Maya white? Like, I have blocks making basically a square shape. Now, I want the area between those blocks to come up white when I render it.

# 2 01-05-2006 , 09:47 PM
The Maya Mountain
View > Camera Attribute Editor

change the background color to white under the Environment section

# 3 01-05-2006 , 10:42 PM
Well, I only want a certain part of the model background to be white. I want other parts of the model background to be of a different color. How do I accomplish this??

# 4 01-05-2006 , 10:53 PM
The Maya Mountain
well, you could put colored planes behind the blocks with the colors that you want. I may not be understanding exactly what you're going for.

# 5 01-05-2006 , 11:52 PM
Like, with your avatar for instance, let's say you wanted to make one part of his face blue and the other part red. How do you do this. I have an outline of a mushroom and I want to put different colors inside the mushroom so it shows up in the render...

# 6 02-05-2006 , 12:28 AM
The Maya Mountain
You can create 2 different colored materials and apply them to the faces of the model that you want.

Unless you're doing a moving camera thing and you are always wanting the outer edge of your model to remain a certain color while the inner area of you rmodel remains another, even when the camera is moving around the model. That's a bit more complicated. Before I go through the steps for doing that, let me know if that's what you want, haha. user added image

# 7 02-05-2006 , 02:18 AM
Okay, I colored in the border of my model easily, but now I want to make some parts of the inside red (the nurbs blocks). I know I can make a lambert or a phong and make it red, then apply the color to my selection. But, I do not know how to make it red. In the attribute editor, I don't know how to make it red or any other color. All I can manage to get is gray, white, or black. Hope you can help user added image

# 8 03-05-2006 , 09:32 PM
instead of dragging the slider, click the color and it'll bring up the color picker.

Accept no substitutions.