Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 23-12-2009 , 08:20 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Photoshop or Illustrator

So I have a drawing that I want to color in using photoshop or illustrator I just dont know which one would be better, I know photoshop is a bitmap related program but wouldnt illustrator be the same since all im going to be using is the paint tool? maybe some gradients. I know if i was creating it from scratch i would want to use the vector base so I would want to stick with illustrator but again wont be using any curves or lines or anything.

If i am wrong about this information please let me know as i dont want to be uninformed on the programs i plan on using a lot.

# 2 23-12-2009 , 11:06 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Illustrator is Vector based, photoshop pixel based

Which means you need to ask yourself where you will use it for, I personally don't like illustrator but since it's vectorbased it's better scale able than PS.

The same goes for Poly's vs Nurbs, poly's are pixelbased if you want a highress render you" ll have to up thepolycount to keep the curvature consistent at higher resolutions, nurbs define a curve between a number of points and it retains its shape at higher resolutions.user added image

# 3 24-12-2009 , 04:34 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
Hmmm ok thanks, will have to debate for a bit maybe i will do it on both.