Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 03-12-2003 , 06:11 PM

I need HELP!!!

Hy everybody!

I´ve got a problem with maya, specially in dynamics! I´ve built a steam turbine in maya and now, the steam is missing. I try many things to become realistic to the steam but nothing really works well... My last hope is this forum here.
The biggest problem I have is, when I "told" the particles system to collide with the inside of the turbine, some of those particles left the turbine. I´m sure, that the turbine is tight.
I create a "curve-flow" through the steamturbine.
In those parts where the space of the turbine gets bigger, I enlarge the circles(pivots). But the result isn´t really realistic, because the steam hase to go in every part of the turbine, so I decide to enlarge the circles bigger than the turbine is and told the particles to collide with the inner life surface of the turbine. After that, some particles left that inner life "room" and left the curve flow as well. They go their own direction. I hope that I explain that problem good enough, because my english is quite as good as my steam in this case here.

Please help me, because my boss will kill me, if I don´t solve that problem.

Cheers Loschy

# 2 03-12-2003 , 07:18 PM
Subscriber
so if I understand right the problem is the particals are taking wandering through the geo its not supost be ? Well the inside of the turbine is a ridged body right ? You need to tern up the collistion detection on it. After so many particals it lets the rest blead through.

Hope I understand right as I just got up.