Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 18-02-2008 , 02:41 PM

Help please

Hi all, I'm a newbi to maya and am using it for a project at the moment howver am on a very tight time allowence and havn't had the time to fully get to grips with it yet.

I am envolved in a peice of work at the moment in which my client is using a 3d character developed in maya. However i need to use the character in 3ds max. I have the PLE version of maya however it doesnt allow me to export as .obj, .fbx or .3ds.

If i eMail the files to you is there somebody out the who is willing to export these for me so i can use in max.

If anyone could i'd be very gratefull, please I really am stuck on this.

Many Regards Rob

# 2 18-02-2008 , 03:02 PM
Hi Rob

Unfortuantly you cant open PLE maya files in the full version to do what you require as its againt the PLE licence and its coded into the files.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 18-02-2008 , 03:10 PM
Hi ,
The file I have was created in the full version of Maya by my client. Who insists that he cant export as a .obj or .fbx (even though you clearly can, think he just being awkward)

At my work I operate 3Ds Max, so I downloaded myself the PLe version.

If I send you the model made in Full Version of maya would you export for me please, you'd be a real life saver if you could mate.

Cheers
Rob

# 4 18-02-2008 , 04:15 PM