Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-11-2006 , 05:28 AM

how to "scatter" leafs

hi,

i have already mad a tree with branches and a eaf. First i started to duplicate the leaf and do the positioning per hand. After 10 minutes i realized that this would cost weeks because the tree needs a lot of leafes. Has anyone an idea how i can "scatter" the leafes on the branches/tree.

thx

e-anima

# 2 16-11-2006 , 12:01 PM
i think what i would do is create a branch with leaves on it, group it, and then duplicate the group (so the leaves are already placed on a branch) and then just position the branches instead... but start out small. create a branch with like 10 or so leaves or so on it, duplicate that branch a few times, and stick them on a larger branch... THEN take that new branch and duplicate that a few times, and stick those on an even larger branch... then take that branch and duplicate them and stick them on your tree.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 18-11-2006 , 07:11 AM
doesn´t look good with blossoms. Isn´t there a way to do this with particles? i know how to handle them but i dont know how to replace the points with my blossom.

# 4 20-11-2006 , 08:13 AM
You could emitt particles fron the surface of the branches, and instance the geometry of the leaf to the particle

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 20-11-2006 , 01:36 PM
thank you gster123