Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-07-2006 , 08:57 PM

Ferrari Attempt

I've attempted to start modelling the Ferarri. I'm quite new to Maya. I started learning by following tutorials, and it's served as a good learning tool for me since I started.

user added image

user added image

user added image

I'm only modelling half the car, I just mirrored it for screenshot purposes. One thing I havn't figured out, is how do you apply the shading to the car so that when you render it, it's greyscale so you can see shadows and what not. The texture that looks like you sprayed an object with Primer.

# 2 30-07-2006 , 09:03 PM
you have to read up on rendering first. but I'm pretty sure this is covered in later parts of the tutorial.

the ferrari is nice though user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 31-07-2006 , 02:19 AM
Attempt at the back lights.

user added image

# 4 31-07-2006 , 02:14 PM
Subscriber
its comming along nicely

however i have attached a pic circling in red where i dont thik there should be border edges having done this tut i dont remem having them there

Attached Thumbnails

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 5 31-07-2006 , 10:11 PM
I fixed those border edges actually; merging did not do the trick, but doing a "Cleanup" did. Thanks for the tip though pbman.

# 6 01-08-2006 , 01:59 AM
user added image

Attempt at a quick render to see where I stand.

# 7 01-08-2006 , 05:53 PM
Vents, etc.

user added image

user added image