Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 17-10-2006 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber

Graphics Card Problems

Ok, here's the deal. I am new to 3D and so I got Maya and instaled and Maya is displaying a window that says "Shadow mapping extensions insufficient to support hardware rendering." So i asked my buddy what i should do. He said get a graphics card with Open GL and 256 MB. So i did, it is a ATI Radeon 9250. But i am still getting the messag. What is the deal?

# 2 17-10-2006 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
im not sure what the deal is, i ran maya on a radeon 9200 i think it was a 128mb, and i can run maya pretty good on my laptops card which is 128mb shared. do you have the latest drivers for the graphics card?

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 3 17-10-2006 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber

????

Im not sure, how do i check?

# 4 17-10-2006 , 10:56 PM

Re: Graphics Card Problems

Originally posted by devinkelso
So i asked my buddy what i should do. He said get a graphics card with Open GL and 256 MB.

Theres a little more to it than that, you should check on Autodesks website for qualified cards.

For the drivers have a look at ATIs site andthen download and install the latest ones for the card model that you have, might solve the problem.

Are you going to use hardware rendering that much?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 17-10-2006 , 10:56 PM

Re: Graphics Card Problems

Originally posted by devinkelso
So i asked my buddy what i should do. He said get a graphics card with Open GL and 256 MB.

Theres a little more to it than that, you should check on Autodesks website for qualified cards.

For the drivers have a look at ATIs site andthen download and install the latest ones for the card model that you have, might solve the problem.

Are you going to use hardware rendering that much?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle