Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 76 11-05-2009 , 09:24 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by tweetytunes
Well right now your my fav to win this and I think he meant it in the way that we both post alot of wip (which is a good thing). If this was not fun there is no way I would spend this much time in here doing this - I have a PS3 and a xbox 360 and about 12 games that I have not touch in weeks - all crying for some attention.

indeed, i totally forgot that there was that more aggressive meaning to rival...

dude, that is really really nice work on the colour, they seem to go so well together user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 77 11-05-2009 , 09:44 PM
I was only kidding around, I don't consider myself competition at all! That was what the lol was in there for. No debates over this please! Lol!
All's looking great Tweety, I'm eager to see your ship up and battle ready, and most of all you feeling better again.

# 78 12-05-2009 , 07:11 AM
Subscriber
Cheers guys

anyway - I sorted out some shots of the textures - only for the last bit (bomb bays) - just to show the effort that has gone in to the these babies. They have been shrunk down of cause.

The bombs
https://www.ravage3d.com/images/sship/text/1.jpg

Bomb holders
https://www.ravage3d.com/images/sship/text/3.jpg

Small detail logo
https://www.ravage3d.com/images/sship/text/4.jpg

Top part
https://www.ravage3d.com/images/sship/text/5.jpg

Right of to the hospital now - hoping for update in a few days - The fun part - the engines.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 12-05-2009 at 07:20 AM.
# 79 15-05-2009 , 11:04 AM
Subscriber
Just to let everyone know that I`m OK and recovering well - it was only a small op.

Will hopefully get back to it on Monday - giving me just enough time to get it done (I hope).

# 80 19-05-2009 , 01:32 AM
Subscriber

# 81 19-05-2009 , 01:44 AM
Very nice Tweety!
Glad to see you're feeling better (well, I'm hoping you are!) and back to it again! Not long to go now so I'll be hoping you manage to get it all done in time.
This part is a pain when the render times go up and so does the waiting to see the results bit isn't it.
Good luck with the rest!

# 82 19-05-2009 , 07:53 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Good job tweety, like it it alot

J

# 83 19-05-2009 , 08:39 AM
Subscriber
cheers guys - To be fair its good to hear as I do feel that texturing is my weakest part when it comes to 3d (still not giving back my first gold medal though) but this challenge I set myself the task to get it right and I think its working.

And yerr still feeling saw but it is def getting better and feeling alot more like myself. I think I will have time to get this finished only two sections to go really but I think the animated fly-by might run until the following week.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 19-05-2009 at 11:56 AM.
# 84 19-05-2009 , 04:09 PM
Subscriber

# 85 19-05-2009 , 04:40 PM
Subscriber
Some very nice work tweety. Very nice!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 86 19-05-2009 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
wow that's really cool

at least yours looks like it's made from metal plating unlike mine which doesn't look like anything :p

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 87 21-05-2009 , 09:07 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I don't want to jinx it, but i think we have a winner here.
I like the renderstyle aswell.
user added image

# 88 21-05-2009 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
Again thanks for the kind words - Small set back I had some problems with the stitches and they got infected so long waits at the hospital have been had but still on track.

Chirone
I like where yours is going though - just because its not metal does not mean its not cool.

and mastone
I would love to go out with a bang (as this will be my last challenge for while), but there are some other really nice ones out there and I think this has been the best challenge for a while.

Making it 3 golds would be sweat.

# 89 21-05-2009 , 09:42 PM
Subscriber
infected? that sucks

that would be pretty cool if you got three golds, maybe not so good if your winning streak broke :p

# 90 21-05-2009 , 10:21 PM
ho ho ho - nice job tweetytunes! user added image

been a while since i stopped by, but this is looking very cool - looks like you really stepped up your game with the texturing too. i'm dying to see how it looks with all the pieces together - come on mate - give us a render! user added image