View Poll Results: Is Game violence getting out of control?
Yes 1 6.67%
No 9 60.00%
Don't know/ Don't Care 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 31 11-01-2007 , 10:18 PM
While the crime was shocking, the claims that games make you more agressive, violent and less tolerant, ect are all false. And guess who making the claims? A lawyer. I wonder what the incentive is for sueing everyone???

# 32 11-01-2007 , 10:37 PM

Originally posted by The Architect
While the crime was shocking, the claims that games make you more agressive, violent and less tolerant, ect are all false.

Theres no real evidence to support that either, thats an opinion rarther than fact, the only person who knows if they have been influenced are the people commiting the crimes.

The incentive for sueing is more than likely as you say money and the family wanting to hold someone responsable.

As the case said he was a 14 year old playing an 18 rated game which he shouldent have had access to, especially if he was a bit unhinged.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 33 12-01-2007 , 04:37 AM
The Maya Mountain
they say the guy who shot Reagan was influenced by a book... are they banning books? :p The whole thing is silly.

# 34 23-01-2007 , 10:21 PM
Subscriber
Haha thats too silly Mike, lol.

Hey guys i just came across this while i was reading some news on the internet... has anyone seen this before?

its kind of related to this issue but kind of isn't if you get what i mean.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment...5-7486,00.html

# 35 24-01-2007 , 05:06 AM
Senior Software Developer
The game the US marines use is the hybrid of Operation Flashpoint by Bohemia Interactive

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 36 24-01-2007 , 05:19 AM
I know that before Operation Flaspoint, they used a modified version of Doom. Also the Air Force uses a modified version of StarCraft for teaching basic stategy in regards to defence and logistics or something like that.

# 37 25-01-2007 , 11:16 AM
Subscriber
Games don't kill people. People kill people.

Ok. That was a bit predictable but also true I think. People will always find an excuse to do whatever satisfies their morbid fantasies. If a game wasn't the excuse, a film would be. Or maybe a real life experience from a troubled childhood or maybe someone stole their last donut. These people are f**ked up regardless of the game they claim to have 'made them do it'.

There are literally millions of online gamers out there right now blowing seven shades of poo out of eachother in virtual arenas, and I'm willing to bet that most of them will never pull out uzi's on their classmates or throw a grenade at a granny. People are sick or not sick. user added image

# 38 25-01-2007 , 08:15 PM

Originally posted by petrol
Games don't kill people. People kill people.

Reminds me of a line form a goldie looking chain song

"Guns dont kill people, rappers do"

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 39 25-01-2007 , 09:12 PM
Subscriber
Guns dont kill people, bad fasion kills people :p got that from queer eye for the straight guy lol