Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-02-2007 , 07:12 AM
Subscriber

Disturbing trim edges

hey,

i hope that you can help me by solving the following problem. that would be nice! :-)

my question:

I have lofted two curves and now i want to fill the hole with a surface, too. How can i get the following result without these disturbing trim edges?

user added image

Because of these edges and the intersection, i can not attach the surfaces. In addition to that a smooth transition would be very fine! :-(

user added image

see you
stefan

# 2 14-02-2007 , 03:30 PM
look:

https://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial/Text-in-Maya/15030

# 3 15-02-2007 , 09:16 AM
Subscriber
thanks, but there is the same problem!
with planar i get these disturbing trim edges... :-(

# 4 15-02-2007 , 12:28 PM
Subscriber
when I want to create those kind of geomteries I useally just select one curve and do a bevel plus(surfaces>bevelplus)- and edit the settings to a polygon mesh as well as number of divisions to give smoothness . I useally get satisfying smooth attached results that way. might give that a shot and c what happens.

# 5 15-02-2007 , 12:30 PM
you should be able to tweak your nurbs tesselation to get it looking good on render... don't forget, with nurbs it's not always what you see is what you get in a render. maya cuts corners displaying nurbs often.

Accept no substitutions.
# 6 15-02-2007 , 11:12 PM
Subscriber
ok:-)

but:

is there really no way to create a planar surface without trim edges?

# 7 15-02-2007 , 11:48 PM
Subscriber
https://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...r+loft+surface

i have found a thread where stormfrog is modeling a heart. he selects each curve and creats planars to get the front and the back.

time to attach surfaces: "Warning: ... cannot attach trimmed surfaces".

perhaps this thread helps to understand my problem ...

see you

# 8 15-02-2007 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
Is it possible to simply "close" the outer isoprams of the lofted geometry? (No it doesnt work, Ive tried that already - but something similar? Something that puts a Nurbs plane there that I can attatch to the rest of the structure.)

# 9 16-02-2007 , 07:26 AM
is the problem that you want it all to be once piece? if that's all you're worried about, then group them, and every time you pick one piece of it, press the up arrow a few times to go through the heirarchy til it's all selected... THEN do whatever you need to do to it.

Accept no substitutions.