Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-01-2004 , 05:03 PM

External Hardrive

For school I just bought a firewire 80 gig external hard drive. I was wondering if anyone uses them and if you have had problems with them. etc. failing. having coruption issues do to be moved around all the time. Can I relly on it or should I transfer everything as quick as possible? Also are they fast enough to work of of or should I transfer the work for that too? It is the 7200 rps 10ms seek. 2 mb cache.

# 2 26-01-2004 , 06:19 PM
A day after recieving my external drive and transfered all my Maya files onto it so I can play withthem at school my permanent hard drive failed. I saved all my most recent work because I was to lazy to transfer only the files I neaded and just dragged and I dropped all. Haha.

# 3 27-01-2004 , 12:43 AM
Subscriber
I hate when harddrives go down, I've had it happen quite alot of times. Lucky you had backed up atleast user added image

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 4 27-01-2004 , 12:50 AM
Subscriber
way cool you had some back up Rick. good timeing.

# 5 27-01-2004 , 12:50 AM
I am extremely lucky. I will not give up on it yet. I will not do an fdisk until I know I am hosed.

It does suck. This is actually the second one I have had fail sense I have had computers. My ex wife had one fail but that was it. I usually try to install everything only once and then not mess with it or do updates unless it is vital. The other one fail on me about two months ago. Both my computers are down. I only have this one at work and I cannot check my yahoo mail on it either.

# 6 27-01-2004 , 12:52 AM
I did not loose my maya files but I did loose some aplications user added image and pictures of the puppy when we first got her.