Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 181 10-04-2005 , 01:44 AM
Subscriber
Looks really nice mate, agreed though I think the wires need to be dark (perhaps a dark red or even black) to fit in with your evil looking justice-doer. And perhaps consider an integrated fixing of the turbines to your legs, it might help to give it a more solid look and stance.

I'm also quite new to Maya, though I wish I had as much time to work with it as you. I find the hour or ao I get per night to work on it isn't even enough to 'warm up' and everything I make I'm unhappy with and end up deleting anyway. That leaves pretty much one days full work on Sundays for me. Hopefully I will be able to participate in the next challenge, although I fear finishing will be another matter altogether.

Good luck with this one, looking forward to a final render. user added image

Last edited by petrol; 10-04-2005 at 01:47 AM.
# 182 10-04-2005 , 11:31 AM
Subscriber
thanks man, hope u get more time to use maya

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 183 10-04-2005 , 01:43 PM
Subscriber
im working on learning GL and finalgather, so, my final renders could give my robot a better taste...

# 184 10-04-2005 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber
metal. . .i have read over almost all of the thread you have here. great work first of all.

secondly, how old are you? i have a 14 year old son that is just starting to work on maya (and almost a straight A student). the two of you should get together. as far as your parents are concerned, perhaps you should emphasize how much maya helps with advancing your career as compared to how well spanish is. . .while learning a second language is very important, do you plan to use that language to earn a living? sounds like you hve some intelligent parents and perhaps that kind of reasoning may help you. obviously your main focus is your schoolwork, which it seems you have mostly under control, but maya should be part of your day as well.

keep up the great work. only your imagination can stop you now!

# 185 10-04-2005 , 06:32 PM
Subscriber
im 14, where do u and ur son live?

# 186 11-04-2005 , 12:00 AM
Subscriber
they live in Detroit, Minnesota.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 187 11-04-2005 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber
Isn't Detroit in Michigan?

Anyway, they're a couple states over or a boat ride away, but with VOIP or IM, you two could virtually meet and work together. At least the times zones are fairly close. user added image

CWR has come along nicely. If you get the time, can you post a wireframe of the completed model? To show how you build it.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 188 11-04-2005 , 12:27 AM
Subscriber
oh of courseuser added image

i live in florida, wish i can meet in person, but virtually is fine for meuser added image

# 189 11-04-2005 , 09:39 PM
Subscriber
lmao i meant michegan. head must of been somewhere else

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 190 11-04-2005 , 11:54 PM
Hey M
You have produced some very complex and well thought out work here for sure. Especially for a newbie! So full credit to ya and I will be keeping an eye out for you.
Now just a few suggestions that may or may not help you...
I think your robot looks really cool but don't be tempted to over work it by putting too much in. Sometimes less is more, yet in saying that I think that your model is about "there". Also remember that you can create more "render friendly" detail through using good textures.
You have amazed me with the amount of work that you have done on this and how good it looks. I hope that you have learn't a whole heap. Keep learning at that rate and you will be some slick 3d guru in no time!
Good luck!

<font size=3 face=arial color=blue>S U R F E R M C D </font><br>
<font size=2 face=arial color=blue>www.winteractiv.com</font>
# 191 12-04-2005 , 02:07 AM
Subscriber
hi metal. . .we live in detroit, michigan. i sometimes do some work in jacksonville, but my son would probably not be with me. so for now the two of you will have to meet, and maybe do some project together, online.

i told him about you, and i think he has joined the forums here (not sure tho). i will talk with him again and show him your thread and perhaps then the two of you can meet. but like i said he literally started messin with maya just last week.

hope you get some time to do some more work on your robot. and good luck with the competition.

# 192 12-04-2005 , 10:32 AM
Subscriber
thanks surfer,

and anm80r,

if u have msn messenger or aim messenger, add me to ur list from the bottom of my post,

and also, i was in the same postition as ur son, about a month and 2 weeks ago, i got maya from my uncle, and i studied, and learned maya, and about a week later, i basically joined this competition, so when i was a week experienced, i was competiting ppl here, i knew i wasnt gonna win, still havin fun:p

# 193 12-04-2005 , 11:12 AM
Subscriber
i rendered my bot in a better way then usual, i scaled up the turbines, and added a more believable support to ituser added image

and this render isnt the best, its only previewfinalgather, and then got the rays from 1000- down to 100, just to see if it looks better this way than the way i normally do it

Attached Thumbnails

# 194 12-04-2005 , 12:04 PM
Subscriber
That is looking sweet, I love the detail.

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 195 12-04-2005 , 05:35 PM
Subscriber
really does look great. Like the engines a lot. Good idea with the transparincy.