Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-03-2004 , 05:36 PM

my daily 1 hour speed sculpting

i have alot of work to do and i need to get better. practice practice pratice. ive been distracted for the past 2 months..ehh stupid girl but thats over. anyway, every morning 8-9 i have a speed session setup for myself so i can get better at modeling, heres the first one for today:

Attached Images

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 2 01-03-2004 , 05:46 PM
hes a very....pretty person.........yes....looks good though! specially for just an hour...still kinda freaks me out....needs fangs

I Can't Understand What I'm Thinking
# 3 01-03-2004 , 06:54 PM
Cool charahcter, I dont know about fangs, he comes across as more of a gummy mouth user added image

# 4 01-03-2004 , 06:58 PM
Why only do it for an hour? Y not take your time learn what you need to do and then practice until you get it right. Instead of rushing and taking shortcuts where you should learn.... just my 2 pence worth. You can really see that the model above was a rush job... just seems like it's a crappy way of trying to learn as you may end up repeating the same mistakes over and over and never taking time to fix them (which is the complete opposite of learning! user added image)

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 01-03-2004 , 07:21 PM
Im with Pure_morning, but is a creep character user added image

Hey girls are nice you just have not found the ONE user added image

And when you love her you will give her a time user added image
and both will be happy (experience- living with one)

weld some pixels !!!
# 6 01-03-2004 , 08:16 PM
hey thanks guys.

pixelwelder, i agree very much likely..i need a girl who works with Maya hehe.

pure_morning, i do agree with you, but the reason i kept it an hour and as speed so i can try and work the creative side of my brain without thinking too much about how im gonna do things. i guess it can be a rush job, but then again, i had no idea what i was going to make, i just went with it whatever i felt like at the moment i wanted to add.

But dont worry, 8-9 is only beginning of the day. The rest of the day I am still on Maya till i fall asleep at night. =) Eh well not all day since I put time aside for traditional work as well as other personal art projects =).

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 7 01-03-2004 , 08:43 PM
My girl knows how to use maya... but she doesn't like it. Does that count?

"On the other hand... the early worm gets eaten."
# 8 01-03-2004 , 10:43 PM
hehe well no. she has to LOVE maya. so well know that even if she sucks right now, she'll get better and faster cuz of your help.

# 9 02-03-2004 , 12:26 AM
My girl doesnt use MAYA user added image.........but whenever she can tell I'm bored, she sends me home to work on it, so I guess it works out, hehehh

I Can't Understand What I'm Thinking
# 10 02-03-2004 , 01:48 AM
Ide prefer my girl not even know of maya... she may realize im cheating on her.

But if your girl likes maya as much as you. When you finally drag yourself off the comp to be with her... shell get on to modeluser added image

But i have done speed modeling. But usually ill take an old model i did when i was a super noob and quickly see if i can fix some of the problems it had.

# 11 02-03-2004 , 03:02 AM
twisted: hey thats a good idea. i never thought of speed modeling like that. ill give it a try tommorow and everytime i run into problems on making something.

# 12 02-03-2004 , 04:54 AM
Yeah I sometimes wish my girl would get into maya, I keep thinking it would help me out haveing another point of view.

But you know as I think about it, if she did get into maya, she might fall in love with it and leve me, and take maya with her, he he he...

# 13 02-03-2004 , 06:24 PM
heres the session from this morning

Attached Thumbnails

# 14 02-03-2004 , 08:05 PM
Subscriber
Hey that fish guy is awesome. Looks like somthing from Nemo.

# 15 02-03-2004 , 08:23 PM
Now, I am a vegetarian, but I would eat that fish user added image

good job - you were inspired.

Lungs not guns....