Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-07-2008 , 07:54 PM

Jack Thompson recommended for disbarment!

It seems that anti-game lawyer Jack Thompson has been recommended for disbarment (which means banned from practicing law). It seems that writing angry letters full of bs to the parents of mass-murder simulator (harmless video games) developers is unprofessional behaviour!

:attn:

Link

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 2 10-07-2008 , 09:38 PM
Acid44
about damn time... how would you go about recommending he be hung by the left big toe and slowly electricuted to death?:blush:

# 3 10-07-2008 , 09:41 PM
Super Moderator
Oh yeah that guy, I've read about him here and there. Everyones entitled to their opinion and all that other good stuff but come on, just like all cartoons and toys aren't for the kiddies, the same goes for video games. Why do some parents blame others for them being clueless and uninvolved I will never know. And that guy needs to pull that stick outta his ass once in a while.

- Genny
# 4 10-07-2008 , 09:50 PM
Subscriber
is that the guy who wanted to sue mortal kombat because you could make a fighter who looked like him?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 10-07-2008 , 10:35 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by GecT
Oh yeah that guy, I've read about him here and there. Everyones entitled to their opinion and all that other good stuff but come on, just like all cartoons and toys aren't for the kiddies, the same goes for video games. Why do some parents blame others for them being clueless and uninvolved I will never know. And that guy needs to pull that stick outta his ass once in a while.

very well said... especially the last bit:p

# 6 10-07-2008 , 10:36 PM
I would have no idea... but if he was in mortal kombat, I want to play the game now! user added image

But the Wikipedia article about him tells me the man is a menace. He has a history of being against everything in general: songs are bad, movies are bad, games are bad, books are bad, toys are bad, everything bad bad bad! user added image

I wonder... what does this guy do for fun?

Does he even understand the concept of fun? user added image

# 7 10-07-2008 , 10:39 PM
Subscriber
yup, that's the guy

i came across him when i was looking aroudn at mortal kombat on wikipedia since i no longer play the game and wanted to know how the story had evolved without me

In October 2006, Thompson sent a letter to Midway Games, demanding they cease and desist selling the latest game in the Mortal Kombat series, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, claiming that the game was illegally profiting on his likeness, because gamers could use the Kreate a Fighter option to make a character who looked like Jack Thompson.[81] Midway has not ceased distribution of the game.

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 8 10-07-2008 , 10:45 PM
lol!

He sends a letter to Midway Games becuase they were "illegally profiting from his likeness"... but isn't creating paradies of copyrighted material (eg. Jack Thompson's face) completely legal?

# 9 10-07-2008 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber
obviously not if Midway continued to distribute their game :p

# 10 10-07-2008 , 10:57 PM
user added image

If I ever make a game, I'll be sure to include this guy as a easter egg...

Atm I'm reading the article about Jack Thompson on Wikipedia. This guy is hilarious! :lmao:

I recommend anyone with an interest in video games to read the article. I posted the link before, so its in the thread somewhere.

# 11 16-07-2008 , 06:02 AM
OK, here is the ultimate web-page. After digging through the archives on WP, I found this user.
:attn:

Jack Thompson on Wikipedia. user added image
Made me laugh for a very....very....very long time.
(Main stuff is near the bottom, but just read it all...)
user added image

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech

Last edited by amoeba; 16-07-2008 at 06:06 AM.
# 12 16-07-2008 , 11:00 AM
LOL! :attn:

I wonder if it's the real Jack Thompson who is behind the account? It's a bit difficult to tell him apart from trolls becuase they are both very alike... user added image

# 13 16-07-2008 , 11:05 AM

# 14 16-07-2008 , 11:08 AM

Originally posted by The Architect
LOL! :attn:

I wonder if it's the real Jack Thompson who is behind the account? It's a bit difficult to tell him apart from trolls becuase they are both very alike... user added image

There have been a few accounts in his name, but this one is very likely the real one because he actually made a legal threat against wikipedia, which is not what the everyday troll does.

Laughed because he is one of the first ones to be threatened with a lifetime ban on Wikipedia.
:lmao:

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 15 16-07-2008 , 11:33 AM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by The Architect
I would have no idea... but if he was in mortal kombat, I want to play the game now! user added image

But the Wikipedia article about him tells me the man is a menace. He has a history of being against everything in general: songs are bad, movies are bad, games are bad, books are bad, toys are bad, everything bad bad bad! user added image

I wonder... what does this guy do for fun?

Does he even understand the concept of fun? user added image

This guy definatly puts the F-U back into fun!