Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 03-11-2006 , 07:27 AM
Senior Software Developer
rofl...

True, True.. Although she has a pair of, what Sir Clive Sinclair was... Rock on the ZX80 and 81... :attn:

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 17 18-11-2006 , 05:02 PM
Subscriber
the girl looks like poser stock, but I know its not because its much better and I cant see you going along that track. what I'm getting at is i figure you must have a library of figures by now that you have created, are they all rigged so you can pose them, for example, like this one.

have you given up on this model, maybe yo are busy?

my crit, it is expected that with a model like this that something large would be between her legs (standard selling technique) but it is too big and distracts focus from , well there is nothing there that catches thee eye because all one can see is the large phallic object. nice name for the thread, 'hard surface lol, but maybe its a hard surface but a little too large, and front heavy.

keep it clean lol

user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 18 19-11-2006 , 04:34 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Mirek

No not given up. just been having a break for a bit, need to recharge the batteries for a bit.

The girl is not poser stock, its actually a scanned female figure I got hold of a while back, its very useful for proportions and object placement on vehicles.

As for being a front heavy vehicle, I dont have a prob with it really. Its science fiction - anything goes. My primary example to you though: think about stunt aircraft, all bulk at the front, cockpit rudder etc at the back, all for speed and agility

Jay

# 19 19-11-2006 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
good piont, primary focus would be ...'power'..? very interesting! visual metaphor?

.., and the girl, you can pose her, no?!

user added image

# 20 20-11-2006 , 04:24 AM
Mirek

No the girl was just clustered for this piece, I dont use other peoples work for my own, just place holders if you will

As for some visual stuff on my theory...well its not a theory but realworld, the old 1930s stunt planes....check the image out.

Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 21-11-2006 , 06:19 PM
Subscriber
i know them well mate, i know it was not your theory it was just a thought i had. too much uni i think, i live in a world of metaphor, sound as metaphor, colour as metaphor, objects as meptaphor (often used in advertising if you know what I mean) so it was my metaphored brian washed head that came up with that 'theory' or whatever (I just woke up) i was just sort of affirming your piont.

as for the old planes i love them and to me tey mean speed and power, not just 'old plane with a big front end'. I particulary like the ver old spidery ones from the 1910, and the early french gliders. especially when they started to power them.

just affirming is all

great photo

# 22 22-11-2006 , 12:19 PM
Mirek

Yup the old ones are the best ones, there was more of a love of style and comfort back then...

Not like today...Air Chickens anyone?

Cheers
Jay

# 23 28-11-2006 , 12:31 AM
Subscriber
jay looks nie man
hope too see more of it wheni get thenet back at my house sometime or another soon

been going through dt's from here for a month now...checking up on it at work ...might be able to check back in ..dunno..if not.. kep up the good work and i'll check it when i get back online
take it easy bro
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 24 28-11-2006 , 08:23 AM
Hey G

Thanks Bro, good luck with it...

Speak soon
Jay

# 25 26-12-2006 , 08:40 PM
Hey All

Christmas over....

Bashed Out 2 heads from a base mesh today, which I'll air at a later date, but am now getting on with the engine for this...

Jay

user added image

# 26 26-12-2006 , 10:09 PM
lookin sweet. Been wanting to make something similar for a while(although i was going to go something more like a hoverbike Vulture from Starcraft). Cant wait to see how it comes out and i know your in a toss up but i think it should have at least some weapon on it. Or at least give the pilot a pistol, cant be too careful out thereuser added image

# 27 27-12-2006 , 07:14 AM
Thanks TwistedDragon

The Pilot has a pistol, I dont know if you emeber the girl character I did a while back, this vehicle is for her...

Ive decided on a weapon, that will most likely be mounted on the front fins once they are built...

Cheers
Jay

# 28 27-12-2006 , 09:41 AM
i like the way the design is going, but is there going to be an exhaust area for that engine? i can't help but think that from the location and angle of the engine, the dissipated heat and thrust would be thrown right into the rider... unless i just can't see it from the under angle you provided *shrug*

Accept no substitutions.
# 29 27-12-2006 , 11:09 AM
NeoStrider

thanks

Yes there will be an exhaust, its all in hand...Im using reference for most of the engine, but as it connects with the fuselage thats where the imagination will take over, to add the Sci Fi look to it.

Cheers for now
Jay

# 30 27-12-2006 , 12:17 PM
FootBrake....

Cheers
Jay

user added image