Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-06-2003 , 11:54 PM
Subscriber

Swapping Maya on your machines: FYI

just a heads up for those who may be buying a new machine.

think about buying the hardware dongle.

they charge $300US for the dongle or $150US for a new encryption code.

I just bought a new laptop and its a bit of a headache to get the new software key. I spent all day on the phone+fax+web sorting this out. and it will still be a day before I get the new key. I would have bought the dongle, only the new laptop doesnt have a parallel port!?!?! a ton of usb's but no parallel!

If you are like me with PCs (I go through 1 a year or so) I would advise getting the dongle. also this way you could have Maya on multiple machines and just swap the dongle.

something to think about user added image

# 2 25-06-2003 , 07:05 PM
Subscriber
Exactly the point i made in my dogle post. I hope things get sorted soon and you can give us your view on how Maya runs on your lappy. Until then I will haunt/stalk you :-)

The Dell Precision M60 laptop just came out today...it's an amazing machine. In case you want to return your Toshiba and get the Dell :O)

grrrr
# 3 28-06-2003 , 05:44 PM
Subscriber
howardporter are you busy reading HarryPotter??? Give us an update man!! :-(***++%%!!
Did you get your license?

grrrr