Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 23-09-2014 , 09:48 AM

Please help: Transformation of one shape to another shape

Hi,

Suppose I have one human model(A) and another human model of different size(B). I want to transform A to B that is I want to transform the first model to the second model. I am assuming same number of vertices for both the models. Is it possible to translate the vertices of A to B? Like read the vertices of A and B and translate vertices of A depending on the vertices of B (addition or subtraction of change in vertices).

For eg when Model B is bigger than Model A:
Model A: x coordinate of vertex [1] is 5.0
Model B: x coordinate of vertex [1] is 7.0
Translate the x coordinate of vertex[1] of Model A by adding 2.0
Similarly for the y and z coordinates of vertex[1] of Model A.

Will this transform model A to model B? How will the script be for this? Please let me know if I am going in the right direction. I am new to Maya. Any help is much appreciated. Sorry if I have used wrong usage of terminologies. Thank you for reading.

Thank you,
Sononu

# 2 23-09-2014 , 06:59 PM
The thin red line
If you have made a duplicate from your small model then made it bigger or moved about some verts you can use a blend shape deformer...............dave