Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-09-2006 , 11:03 PM

Can't import Object file

I have some object files and I want to import them into my scene, The problem is when I use import and then select the object it says
"Error: The namespace name '' contains no legal characters."
But when I click open scene and choose the .obj file it opens no problems.
but this won't let me add more than one object.
it always asks me for a new scene.
What am I doing wrong ?

# 2 03-10-2006 , 04:41 AM
maybe you could Open Scene like you said on the OBJ file, select all, copy, then make New Scene and paste in there and continue adding stuff?

# 3 24-10-2006 , 08:50 AM
What version of Maya is it? I heard that in Maya 6 you have to manually make sure to add .obj at the end of the filename if it isn't there. So you can try that.

But this doesn't solve my problem. I can't open OR import .obj files at all, I just get "error". I'm using Maya 6.5, but I don't understand cause I used to be able to open these in Maya 5 just fine. I really need help with this, because right now I am mostly dealing with .obj in Maya, but this truely sucks that it's not working at all for me! Does anyone know what I can do?