Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-04-2003 , 07:13 PM

What is up with this?

Ok. I am rendering a still image at 640 x 480 res. The render is high quality/Contrast sensitive Production/Multi Pixel Filter (Triangle), with Ray Tracing ON. The image gets done render half way and quites? What is wrong with this picture and how can I correct this to see my renders.

I am running Maya 4.0 on a 2.4 GHZ with 80 gig HD and 1 gig Ram.

# 2 07-04-2003 , 07:21 PM
The Maya Mountain
hmmm

only thing I can think of is if you are using WinXP, if you go to another window while it's rendering and go back, it will look frozen or turn all white... eventually, it'll finish rendering and "pop" back to normal, but I don't know if this is what's happening in your situation.

# 3 07-04-2003 , 07:22 PM
Simply Maya OG
Looks like you hit the "Esc" key while it was rendering. But I dont know, you'll have to ask the pro's on this one.

Oh, and by pro's, I mean everyone else here user added image

- Hybrid
# 4 07-04-2003 , 07:23 PM
Simply Maya OG
Damn, Mike beat me to it! LOL :p

- Hybrid
# 5 07-04-2003 , 07:55 PM
If the "hit by the ESC key" didn't solve it, then take a look at the script editor and look for errors. Post the errors here if any and we might be able to help you ..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S