Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 46 12-05-2009 , 02:25 AM
Subscriber
MANY great 3D artists here!!

take it easy and life will be easy
# 47 12-05-2009 , 08:06 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
to bad i haven't got the time to compete, to busy with work and with the time i've got left i want to finish a personal project for a change (Meaning indiana jones which is starting to look like a lifetime project LOL)

good luck to all

# 48 14-05-2009 , 11:20 PM
Well, my computer system went down during the last competition. By the time I got everything fixed, the competition was over and I hadn't even started.

I know I'm starting way late, but I think I'm going to try to make an entry for this contest.

However, you said "Spaceships" and used Serenity as an example. Serenity is not capable of faster than light travel.

So, I'm going to try, but don't expect me to finish, designing a spaceship I've wanted to model for awhile anyway.

Elephantic inspired me to design it (btw, elephantic, your ship looks nothing like Message Bearer).

Is it too late for me to give it a go?

"Even a brick wants to be something" - Louis Kahn
# 49 15-05-2009 , 12:56 AM
The Maya Mountain
I guess I classify a "spaceship" as a "ship in space" as opposed to having any kind of faster than light travel.

The Space Shuttle is a spaceship as far as I'm concerned. user added image

# 50 15-05-2009 , 08:13 AM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by Hiraghm

Elephantic inspired me to design it (btw, elephantic, your ship looks nothing like Message Bearer).

Is it too late for me to give it a go?

Really? Whats the message bearer? (edit: sorry, only just seen your thread, I see the relevance now)

Its never too late, I entered late and did what I did in a few days

Last edited by elephantinc; 15-05-2009 at 08:33 AM.
# 51 29-05-2009 , 03:37 AM
Subscriber
Hey Mike,
Are you gonna do the voting poll for this one? Seems like there will be enough entries to make it worth it.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 52 29-05-2009 , 06:49 AM
The Nurb Herd
i was going to ask this too...

# 53 29-05-2009 , 12:55 PM
The Maya Mountain
maybe.

My only concern with voting polls is the last time it was done, there were accusations of someone running the poll up (multiple forum accounts just for voting, etc). If there weren't a prize offered, maybe it wouldn't be a big deal, but with a prize up for grabs, I think just having the mods/admins vote is more fair.

# 54 29-05-2009 , 01:34 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by mtmckinley
maybe.

My only concern with voting polls is the last time it was done, there were accusations of someone running the poll up (multiple forum accounts just for voting, etc). If there weren't a prize offered, maybe it wouldn't be a big deal, but with a prize up for grabs, I think just having the mods/admins vote is more fair.

I agree, although a public opinion poll is always useful to see what people think but I dont think it should be the judge of the who is the winner.

# 55 29-05-2009 , 01:54 PM
I'm not bothered either way, but if there's a chance people can cheat voting wise then it's probably better the way it was the last challenge.
The other alternative could be that there is a public vote, and the Mods/Admins only take that into account for their final choice.
Whatever the case I've no problem with however it's judged.

# 56 29-05-2009 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber
And I have to agree that the Mods should make the final choice.

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 57 29-05-2009 , 02:15 PM
The Nurb Herd
how about cgsociety HMC style -

post your vote for each category... even tho we have only one category.

# 58 29-05-2009 , 02:30 PM
Subscriber
Maybe instead of a Poll just Type your vote and only take into account the users who entered the challenge/have actively posted in the community. That way you cant cheat.

# 59 29-05-2009 , 02:37 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by Some Guy
Maybe instead of a Poll just Type your vote and only take into account the users who entered the challenge/have actively posted in the community. That way you cant cheat.

then people that did enter the challenge might hold of from voting so that they dont help a competitor win

# 60 29-05-2009 , 03:10 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by elephantinc
then people that did enter the challenge might hold of from voting so that they dont help a competitor win

I'd hope people would be more mature about that.

Or we could all behave like 12 year old's and vote for ourselves and that way everyone can be a winner! :attn:

I guess the last time i saw a voting pole it was a little disappointing but the real say comes from mods and admins anyways.
I still feel a bit of community involvement with the voting could be a good reward for those who entered though and we can hope for the best.