Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-08-2007 , 08:48 AM

"Blacked" Faces ?

Hey all,

this might be answered before but I have no clue to what I should look for.
But I am encountering several time that I get "Blacked" faces in Maya and from what I can see I have not interacted with them prior to the change of them.

My question is what is it? and what it the technical reference to it?! I know about set to face but I have not been able to figure out what trick it?!
user added image

Thank you in advance.

Any links to information regarding it will be welcoming.

# 2 26-08-2007 , 09:32 AM
Lifetime Member
Black faces means the normals are facing the wrong way, you need to reverse the normals on those objects.... select them go to the top of the UI and look under Normals and then it reverse if you are using version 8 or 8.5, if you are using an earlier version of maya you will find Normals under the Edit Polygons menu at the top.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner

Last edited by jsprogg; 26-08-2007 at 10:26 AM.
# 3 26-08-2007 , 10:10 AM
Superb thank you for the push forward. :-) much appreciated