Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-07-2003 , 08:22 PM

simply question02

question
is there a diference between deleting objects by backspace or delete button?

question
i have modeled a cube with a y-dimensional of 100 units.
the top view doesn´t show the top of the model. also other objects get invisible.
i know that objects, which are placed in a far distance disappear in the viwport view until you raise up the far clip plane value of the camera.
but what do in my case?

# 2 14-07-2003 , 11:27 PM
The Maya Mountain

Re: simply question02

is there a diference between deleting objects by backspace or delete button?

No.

i have modeled a cube with a y-dimensional of 100 units.
the top view doesn´t show the top of the model. also other objects get invisible.
i know that objects, which are placed in a far distance disappear in the viwport view until you raise up the far clip plane value of the camera.
but what do in my case?

I don't understand the question.

# 3 15-07-2003 , 12:43 AM
theres some option somewhere to change the distance you can view objects in the viewports. I had the problem when i was moddelling a massive house for an already big character. It'll slow down your computer...search around for it.

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 4 15-07-2003 , 12:54 AM
Your orthographic views (top, side, front) are just cameras. You can set near and far clipping just like the perspective view.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job